Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Another baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445812)

Lolobug 09-21-2012 04:28 AM

Another baby?

Hi mama's!
DH and I have been blessed with 2 perfect little girls. We always knew we would have at least 2 but when baby #2 came dh decided he was done and I could def see us w a third. I was sooo crazy in love w dd2 (dd1 too, of course) and every step of her first year I cherished. I don't want another right away but don't know if I could go without those first few months again. Does this make sense? There's just something so intoxicating about a newborn!
BUT does another baby fix that or is that feeling just so magical that you always want to hold onto it? How do you really know when you are done? Dh wants to have money to travel, send our kids to great colleges, etc. I understand where he is coming from, I'm just not sure if I'm meant to have just 2... HELP!

mommy2colin 09-21-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Another baby?

I can't speak from experience as I totally would be up for #3 right now if DH was game but I was working at a local consignment sale that is put on through a parents of multiples group and the lady in charge and I were talking and she has 4 kids (a singleton, and triplets) and she said she would totally have more. So I would venture to say that the feeling doesn't go away totally, but you do have to factor in things like finances and such. All that being said I am SO counting down the days (literally have an app to do so) till we TTC next year.

Lolobug 09-21-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2colin
I can't speak from experience as I totally would be up for #3 right now if DH was game but I was working at a local consignment sale that is put on through a parents of multiples group and the lady in charge and I were talking and she has 4 kids (a singleton, and triplets) and she said she would totally have more. So I would venture to say that the feeling doesn't go away totally, but you do have to factor in things like finances and such. All that being said I am SO counting down the days (literally have an app to do so) till we TTC next year.

Thx, mama and GL to you!

pine_apple_goat 09-23-2012 10:08 PM

I don't really have any advice. I've been wanting #2 for quite a while now and dh isn't on board. I told him today that if I'm not pregnant before Dec then there will be at least three years between dd and any other siblings. :-( good luck. I don't think the feeling will ever really go away. Maybe talk to him some more and find a compromise.

geetabean 09-28-2012 04:06 PM

My personal belief is that the feeling will go away, when the feeling goes away. If you are HAVING the feeling that you want another one, then you're meant to have another one. :goodvibes: I truly think that there will come a time when I don't want to have another one. I'll always love me some babies, but I will be at a place where I'm done wanting to produce one of my own......I'll enjoy the babies around me. I don't know what it will be that triggers this change of feelings, but I believe I will feel it.

I'm trying to conceive #4 right now! I nursed my last baby for 18 months (which is a long time for me!) and all throughout that time I told my DH that I was done.....I felt like our third was my last. All this past spring and early summer I felt like I was done.....my husband made the apt. to get a V and I was fine with it. 2 weeks before his apt, I FREAKED out! I wanted another baby! We talked about it for a few days and he canceled his apt. and we are actively trying for #4. I am very blessed that my husband is more than happy to have a large family (he is 1 of 5) so the ball is really in my court when it comes to having more babies. And obviously you need to factor in the financial aspects of having more kids, but for me, we can always afford it because we just will! We might not have as much as we could if we weren't paying for 3 girls in dance classes and clothes for 3 kids, but we have more than enough! God will provide for my family, I truly believe that, so I don't factor the financial aspect in the decision to have another baby.

I believe that at some point I just won't feel the desire to start over with a newborn, or I won't have that feeling in my heart that my daughters are supposed to have another sibling. I will feel at peace about my husband getting a V. I'll just know.

Pray on it (if you don't pray, then meditate) and figure out if you could be at peace with not having another one. If you can't find peace, that might mean you are supposed to have another :baby:

Lolobug 09-28-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geetabean
My personal belief is that the feeling will go away, when the feeling goes away. If you are HAVING the feeling that you want another one, then you're meant to have another one. :goodvibes: I truly think that there will come a time when I don't want to have another one. I'll always love me some babies, but I will be at a place where I'm done wanting to produce one of my own......I'll enjoy the babies around me. I don't know what it will be that triggers this change of feelings, but I believe I will feel it.

I'm trying to conceive #4 right now! I nursed my last baby for 18 months (which is a long time for me!) and all throughout that time I told my DH that I was done.....I felt like our third was my last. All this past spring and early summer I felt like I was done.....my husband made the apt. to get a V and I was fine with it. 2 weeks before his apt, I FREAKED out! I wanted another baby! We talked about it for a few days and he canceled his apt. and we are actively trying for #4. I am very blessed that my husband is more than happy to have a large family (he is 1 of 5) so the ball is really in my court when it comes to having more babies. And obviously you need to factor in the financial aspects of having more kids, but for me, we can always afford it because we just will! We might not have as much as we could if we weren't paying for 3 girls in dance classes and clothes for 3 kids, but we have more than enough! God will provide for my family, I truly believe that, so I don't factor the financial aspect in the decision to have another baby.

I believe that at some point I just won't feel the desire to start over with a newborn, or I won't have that feeling in my heart that my daughters are supposed to have another sibling. I will feel at peace about my husband getting a V. I'll just know.

Pray on it (if you don't pray, then meditate) and figure out if you could be at peace with not having another one. If you can't find peace, that might mean you are supposed to have another :baby:

Thanks, mama- I love this :)

geetabean 09-28-2012 04:42 PM

Posted twice.....not sure why.

CaraJ 10-01-2012 08:22 PM

I do not recommend having your children anymore than two years apart. My husband and I waited until our early 30s to have our daughter (10 mos) and are loosely trying for number 2 now. All of our friends that have multiple children have recommended having them close in age in order to not have to start over with diapers, breast feeding, etc and so they can play together instead of the older one being the bully. Good luck!

booty hunter 10-01-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaraJ (Post 15757252)
I do not recommend having your children anymore than two years apart. My husband and I waited until our early 30s to have our daughter (10 mos) and are loosely trying for number 2 now. All of our friends that have multiple children have recommended having them close in age in order to not have to start over with diapers, breast feeding, etc and so they can play together instead of the older one being the bully. Good luck!

I have several children that are more than two years apart and it works perfectly.Don't spend time worrying about what worked for someone else so now they have decided it should work for everyone. Life doesn't always work the way you plan but it always works out the way it should!

Lolobug 10-01-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdhutier

I have several children that are more than two years apart and it works perfectly.Don't spend time worrying about what worked for someone else so now they have decided it should work for everyone. Life doesn't always work the way you plan but it always works out the way it should!

Love that!