Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Tilted uterus and heartbeat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445882)

Janelle 09-21-2012 09:24 AM

Tilted uterus and heartbeat

So I went for a dating ultrasound a couple weeks ago, heard babies heartbeat and got to see our little peanut :wub:

But went for my OB visit yesterday (I am almost 13 weeks) and he couldn't get the heartbeat w/ the doppler. He said in the ultrasound, they could tell I have a tilted uterus and he said that is why we couldn't get the heartbeat.

Now though, I am worried...is it common to have trouble getting the heartbeat w/ a tilted uterus??

Buena 09-21-2012 09:34 AM

Totally what I went through in my first 3 pregnanxy. It wast till 13plus weeks as dr had to search for a Long time. I also never felt movement till 20plus weeks. From what I've read ure uterus changes position. This time we got hb at. 9 weeks even so I'm hoping my uterus is front and center and ill feel movement soon!

Janelle 09-21-2012 09:48 AM

Re: Tilted uterus and heartbeat

I do remember not getting a heartbeat before 12 weeks before, but was expecting to get it this time, but of course, when the OB feels my belly, he says I only feel 8 weeks preg, so my uterus is really tucked back. I AM feeling some movement, so that is reassuring..it is still that "is that the baby, or something else" kinda movement. My OB was sweet though and told me to come back in 2 weeks so we can try again instead of waiting for another month...glad to know I am not the only one. Thanks for the reassurance. :)

KelseyH 09-21-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janelle
So I went for a dating ultrasound a couple weeks ago, heard babies heartbeat and got to see our little peanut :wub:

But went for my OB visit yesterday (I am almost 13 weeks) and he couldn't get the heartbeat w/ the doppler. He said in the ultrasound, they could tell I have a tilted uterus and he said that is why we couldn't get the heartbeat.

Now though, I am worried...is it common to have trouble getting the heartbeat w/ a tilted uterus??

My mom has a tilted uterus and it was a while before they could hear either heartbeat.... Of course this was a couple decades ago, but it's normal. :)

canadianbakers 09-21-2012 10:51 AM

It can be normal with a tilted uterus. But I would be pushing for an urgent u/s to check things out.

EmilytheStrange 09-21-2012 01:06 PM

well, she's already had 1 ultrasound and once you can see the heartbeat, the chances of bad things happening is greatly reduced.

I totally wouldn't worry. As long as you're still feeling fine (or feeling MS - either way), all is well. Very normal :)

E_Sage 09-21-2012 01:59 PM

It's probably not something to worry about, but I'd be demanding an u/s for peace of mind.

canadianbakers 09-21-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15713079)
well, she's already had 1 ultrasound and once you can see the heartbeat, the chances of bad things happening is greatly reduced.

Sure... reduced... but that's not a definite thing.

OP - as long as you're comfortable waiting till the next appt, then that's what's best for you. I was saying, for myself, I would be demanding an u/s.

Janelle 09-21-2012 04:05 PM

I don't feel worried enough to go get another ultrasound, maybe a teeny bit worried, but talking to my dh today, he said it was that way w/ both our girls (didn't even try to hear the HB by doppler w/ my boys until 17 weeks b/c I was having a homebirth and that is when I had my first appt w/ a midwife).
I go back in 12 days to try again, and if I don't hear it then, I will request the ultrasound.
Thanks ladies!

Holly dolly 09-21-2012 04:37 PM

I haven't read ALL the replis but I wanted to chime in. When I was 12 wks I had an appt and the OB couldn't find the heartbeat. She searched for 5 minutes with nothing. She FINALLY found it but lost it almost as quickly. They snagged the U/S machine and took a quick peek. Baby was moving like crazy and the Doppler couldn't keep up...but if it weren't for that peek I would have been a nervous wreck