Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Creighton anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445904)

jenright 09-21-2012 10:08 AM

Creighton anyone?
 
I'm interested in learning the Creighton method but am having trouble finding information on teachers/classes in my area. Anyone know of a program in Oregon?

lizgrace07 09-23-2012 08:49 PM

https://sites.google.com/site/stgian...itycarecenter/ I found that from fertilitycare.org

blesdfish 09-23-2012 09:27 PM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
There's a mama on here, Kap7270, she'll reply when she sees this. She should be able to help you!

Kap7270 09-27-2012 10:32 AM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blesdfish (Post 15722752)
There's a mama on here, Kap7270, she'll reply when she sees this. She should be able to help you!

Thanks for the shout out :) I was on vacation this last week so on a forum-break. There's only one teacher in Oregon right now:
http://www.fertilitycare.org/oregon/

If that teacher isn't close enough, you can learn the method long-distance via phone or Skype. I (and many other teachers) are willing to teach long-distance. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

tobmom 10-18-2012 01:39 PM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
I've never heard of this method. I'm interested too. My cycle is no where near regular when I'm not breast feeding, and when I am breast feeding (which I am right now) it's all sorts of crazy. Can you just temp when you don't have a regular cycle? We are thinking about starting NFP soon.

Kap7270 10-18-2012 04:41 PM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
Temping isn't useful with irregular cycles or breastfeeding because it only confirms that ovulation has passed. You need advance notice of ovulation approaching which is what you get when observing for cervical mucus. the Creighton Model is a mucus-only method which is ideal for breastfeeding moms or women with irregular cycles. For avoiding pregnancy, it is 99.5% effective with perfect use and 96.8% effective with typical use. One of the other big advantages of the Creighton Model is the extensive education given to the teachers, and the amount of support that they provide to their couples. There are teachers all around the country or you can also learn the method long distance via Skype or phone. If you have any questions, just let me know!

Melinda29 10-21-2012 09:11 AM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tobmom (Post 15829162)
I've never heard of this method. I'm interested too. My cycle is no where near regular when I'm not breast feeding, and when I am breast feeding (which I am right now) it's all sorts of crazy. Can you just temp when you don't have a regular cycle? We are thinking about starting NFP soon.

Creighton is a very easy version of NFP. No temping, no cervical checks, nothing invasive like that. You observe what you see on the toilet paper every time you go to the bathroom and chart it at the end of the day. That's it! Perfect for irregular cycles, BFing, easy peasy. You do have to learn what to look for, so you go to a teacher for that. The changes in CM can be subtle for some.

BinahYeteirah 10-22-2012 08:31 AM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
Kap7270, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question. :)

I have done NFP in the past (charting temps, cervical mucous, cervical changes, and other cyclical changes). I have not been able to figure out how to use that information to TTA. I have fertile cervical mucous during the majority of my cycle, when i am cycling. Right now I'm breastfeeding and don't expect to get period or ovulate for at least several months to more than a year, based on past experience. Nevertheless, I have ewcm. How can I be sure a given day is "safe"?

Kap7270 10-22-2012 12:10 PM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah (Post 15842740)
Kap7270, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question. :)

I have done NFP in the past (charting temps, cervical mucous, cervical changes, and other cyclical changes). I have not been able to figure out how to use that information to TTA. I have fertile cervical mucous during the majority of my cycle, when i am cycling. Right now I'm breastfeeding and don't expect to get period or ovulate for at least several months to more than a year, based on past experience. Nevertheless, I have ewcm. How can I be sure a given day is "safe"?

Of course I don't mind! Some women (as you've experienced) do have continuous mucus and it can certainly be confusing but women can usually confidently identify their true fertile window with some expert help. Unfortunately, it's not something simple that I can just explain to you in a post but you really need to work with a well-trained teacher while charting (even if you're not in cycles now). Any Creighton teacher should be able to help you - I can help you find a local one or teach you myself long-distance.

BinahYeteirah 10-22-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Creighton anyone?
 
Thanks for answering my question! It's good to know that there is some way to TTA with my usual mucus pattern. IIRC, TCOYF just says to abstain or use another method of birth control whenever there is any fertile mucus whatsoever. That advice is not helpful to me for obvious reasons. I can search the FertilityCare website if I want to find a teacher near me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors