Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Non-circ'ing mamas - question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445921)

Kiliki 09-21-2012 10:43 AM

Non-circ'ing mamas - question

How often have you had issues with your son's uncirc'd penis? What were they and how easy were they to fix?

We might be having another little boy and we are trying to make the difficult choice to circ or not. Please don't start with the "his choice, his body" blah blah. And please don't use the word "mutilation" or "abuse". I understand people have some really big issues with Circ'ing. But please, please, PLEASE if you have an ax to grind, do it somewhere else. I've seen both the anti-circ and the pro-circ sites, I've watched the procedure done, I'm not looking for a debate. I am just looking for honest information from everyday parents who care for an uncirc'd penis.

I know not to retract the foreskin and I know it only requires regular washing like any other body part. I am asking specifically about any other issues that uncirc'd penises regularly have... if there are any.

Thank you so much. :)

Joyful Tie Dyes 09-21-2012 10:46 AM

Re: Non-circ'ing mamas - question

DS is almost three and none so far. My brother is 35 and has never had an issue.

Kiliki 09-21-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes (Post 15712366)
DS is almost three and none so far. My brother is 35 and has never had an issue.

Thank you, this is exactly the type of response I was hoping for. :goodvibes:

Glad to hear no issues. :)

ktmelody 09-21-2012 10:52 AM

My son is 8.5 and we had one issue of chafing after swimming. Lol. Which would have happened circed or not.

No utis etc.

He is seperating now and having some aiming issues but it will be short lived. :)

canadianbakers 09-21-2012 11:11 AM

None of my sons are circ'ed and we've never had a single problem with any of them - *knock on wood*!!!!! (:roflmbo: no pun intended!!!)

DH is 32, not circ'ed, and has also never had any troubles.

KaleidoscopeEyes 09-21-2012 11:12 AM

ds2 had some ballooning when he was 3.5. i was kind of freaked at first but i went on MDC and read up on it what it was and that it was completely normal. it went away in a couple days. other than a little redness when they start to retract which is completely normal we have no issues.

i do know a lot of kids that have had issues was due to force retraction. if the penis is left alone like it should then there really should be no problems.

DH is intact and the only problem he ever had was his foreskin got stuck behind his head once. he went in to the dr for it and of course they wanted to circ :banghead: so glad he didnt let them do that

MrsAsh 09-21-2012 11:16 AM

3, almost 2, and 4 months and no trouble here, due to not being circ. My oldest has had redness and irritation that we were worried about, but it was due to the type of underwear he had. No infections or anything.

iris0110 09-21-2012 11:27 AM

Tharen is 6.5 almost 7 and so far the only issue we have had was some spraying when he first learned to pee standing up but I can't really say that he wouldn't have had that either way (he doesn't like to take the time to stop playing and focus on what he is doing if you get what I am saying). Other than that no real problems while he was in diapers, and he has not mentioned anything to me since.

Kiliki 09-21-2012 11:33 AM

TYSM mamas for keeping it nice. :hugs:

keonli 09-21-2012 11:33 AM

I come from a long line of uncirc'ed penises (of course I don't have on myself!) and when I asked my family, as well as DH's family about the care and maintenance, no one ever had any issues with the proper care of them.

DH is in his 30's and the only issues he's ever had with his uncirc'ed penis was when I had yeast infections, which could irritate the foreskin a bit (dried it out, caused it to swell and get itchy).