Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   She's not nursing as much... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144599)

-ashley- 05-09-2007 08:55 AM

She's not nursing as much...

:cry: I know it's perfectly ok, and she is growing up, but gosh it just kills me!!! She was the type of newborn who wanted to be permanently attached to your boob, and I didn't mind a bit, I love every second of it, but now she is 6 months old, and nurses only about 6 times a day. I offer it more, but that just breaks my heart even more she she keeps pushing me away and turning over to reach for a toy! :cry: I know I've got to let her grow up, but I'm really having a hard time...

mommy21princess 05-09-2007 08:29 PM

Re: She's not nursing as much...

Man I feel the EXACT same way. I don't think there are many of us. It breaks my heart when dd started NOT wanting to nurse. She's never been addicted to the bbs. LOL She wants to get in there and get it done. Now at 20 months though it does seem that she ASks for it more often. Before it was ALWAYS me who initiated it or offered it.

I bet she's just getting into things and she's learning more things around her. Hang in there it does get tough at this stage, it's sometimes like they're trying to wean but more than likely they're just getting too busy! Good luck!

kknutzen 05-09-2007 09:14 PM

I also feel this way. I love nursing and will be so sad when DS wants to quit completely. At 12 months he is less interested during the day, but he now nurses a lot at night. I'm not bothered by it because I know the co-sleeping and night nursing won't last forever so I'm just enjoying it while I can. I also still nurse him to sleep and even though at times I thought it might be a bad idea I'm now glad I do because he still nurses at least then. In my experience there are times he's less into it and then seems to want to more so it could become more frequent again for you.

Diapersewingmama 05-09-2007 09:33 PM

:hugs:

-ashley- 05-10-2007 12:36 AM

We nurse at nigt now more than we used to also!

Persikka 05-10-2007 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kknutzen (Post 1062725)
I also feel this way. I love nursing and will be so sad when DS wants to quit completely. At 12 months he is less interested during the day, but he now nurses a lot at night. I'm not bothered by it because I know the co-sleeping and night nursing won't last forever so I'm just enjoying it while I can. I also still nurse him to sleep and even though at times I thought it might be a bad idea I'm now glad I do because he still nurses at least then. In my experience there are times he's less into it and then seems to want to more so it could become more frequent again for you.

My son is almost 11 months old and this is us too! He only nurses 1-2 times during the day on average... but at night - at least 3 times! And long sessions at night too (both boobies when he is usually only a 1 boob at a time man, 30 hour sucking, etc).

I've chaled it up when he started this a couple of months ago that he s JUST too distracted during the day to nurse (when he does nurse it's just before his nap, or just after - while he's still groggy/sleepy) and there is too much to see and do and learn!! Night is quiet, dark, peacful... perfect nursing conditions if you ask me.

We part-time co-sleep now (he starts off the night in his crib, then comes to our bed after the first time he wakes).. and it seems to be working good (except on those nights he thinks its time to get up and play! LOL)

Good luck... technically weaning starts when you introduce solids :cry: so i've been dreading him quitting since he started them... YDD self-weaned at 8 1/2 months do to my crazy work schedule - thank goodness this time i'm a SAHM!

sorry for the ramble :blush:

Amanda2319 05-10-2007 06:45 PM

:hugs: