Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (
-   -   Suedecloth? (

BeccaSueCongdon 09-21-2012 02:57 PM

Is that what the top layer of a flip stay dry insert is called? I want to buy a yard or two to make some custom shaped stay dry liners to put in overnight and "long drives" diapers. I live the wicking that the flip stay dry inserts do (and the BG 4.0s), but they are so darn wide! My poor little DD looks like she's walking like a cowboy. I'd love to get a yard or two and just cut the perfect shape for her instead of messing with bulky/wide inserts.

Also, do these liners tend to fray at all if you cut them yourself? Does it help to have them surged?

hpfgirl 09-21-2012 03:06 PM

Yep, also called alova. No fraying, just cut them out.

BeccaSueCongdon 09-21-2012 03:41 PM


ssand23 09-22-2012 08:00 PM

Re: Suedecloth?
Cotton Babies sells stay dry socks. I think they are about $2.99 each. They are that same suedecloth cut into a sock. It has one open end that folds over to close it after you stuff it. I have a ton of them here & they are great to make everything stay dry.

I also really like the Motherease stay dry absorbent liners. They are an athletic type stay dry material that is my favorite stay dry material. Sew Crafty Baby sells those & has the best prices I've found on them.

lynn97 09-22-2012 09:47 PM

You can get get micro fleece from your local JoAnn's. Make sure to get micro fleece as the thicker stuff repels. But you don't need to sew it or anything - just cut it up. It works great!

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.