Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Bought, but not received - any other options? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446012)

valkynlu 09-21-2012 03:22 PM

Bought, but not received - any other options?

My MIL purchased five customs from a WAHM seller in early June and we have yet to receive diapers. PP wouldn't accept the claim because it was over the 45 day mark. The WAHM gave a couple excuses in August as to why they were so late and while they were valid, we believe enough time has passed.

There has been an exchange of emails, one of which the WAHM accuses my MIL of setting her "goons" on to the WAHM's page and getting it temporarily taken down (MIL complained in a public forum and some of her friends went to her page and commented up a storm about her practices, but MIL did not instigate it). WAHM then stated that MIL was costing her money and threatened to deduct that out of product or refund.

Needless to say, MIL is ticked off. It's been over 3 months since the order was placed. A friend recommended calling PP and submitting the emails if necessary (proving the items were never shipped), so she is trying that next.

I'm just wondering if there's anything else to do. Is PP usually the decider here?

crunchymamaNY 09-21-2012 05:58 PM

Re: Bought, but not received - any other options?

thats terrible. Did the wahm state when she'd have the diapers shipped?

TinaDeanette 09-21-2012 06:43 PM

Is there a reporting option on any of her pages? Like Hyena cart? Hmmm, if PP won't help I would just assume you are out of luck and hopefully the WAHM gives you a refund. I would leave her negative feedback on every site possible! That's insane.

ETA: is Diaperpin.com still around for WAHM reviews?

opheliaspins 09-21-2012 08:29 PM

No advice, but wow that's terrible! Especially about taking money out of the diapers/refund because she had a legitimate complaint.

I'd just keep hounding her and have you or MIL post everywhere possible about what she is doing (I know you can't on this forum because it's an outing) and have her keep emailing her and see if you can work on paypal.

I_run_with_scissors 09-22-2012 04:58 PM

i know she paid through PP but out of curiosity did she use a credit card? i know you can call your credit card company and they may be able to do a charge back

id try calling PP first but it may be an option if she paid by CC

I sure hope your MIL gets her stuff mama, thats just beyond awful CS, shame on that wahm!

aflyingbuttress 09-22-2012 08:24 PM

That is terrible and I would definitely leave negative feedback. However, I would wait until you are 100% sure you're ready to wash your hands of her and accept the loss. If you are still talking and hoping to get what you ordered then posting and commenting negative all over the Internet will only alienate her. Plus, at that point she has nothing left to lose. PayPal can't make her refund and she would already have the negative feedback. It's unlikely she would deliver the goods after that.

If it were me I'd send a calm email, apologizing for the disruption of her site and the negative comments put out on the web that included her name. (I don't think it's ever a good idea to out someone until everything is said and done). I would also explain why I'm upset and that I still expect delivery of my goods. I would ask her when she thinks it would be shipped and suggest that if they are not shipped by that point, I will then leave negative feedback but I would rather we worked things out.

You catch more flies with honey...

TinaDeanette 09-22-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aflyingbuttress
That is terrible and I would definitely leave negative feedback. However, I would wait until you are 100% sure you're ready to wash your hands of her and accept the loss. If you are still talking and hoping to get what you ordered then posting and commenting negative all over the Internet will only alienate her. Plus, at that point she has nothing left to lose. PayPal can't make her refund and she would already have the negative feedback. It's unlikely she would deliver the goods after that.

If it were me I'd send a calm email, apologizing for the disruption of her site and the negative comments put out on the web that included her name. (I don't think it's ever a good idea to out someone until everything is said and done). I would also explain why I'm upset and that I still expect delivery of my goods. I would ask her when she thinks it would be shipped and suggest that if they are not shipped by that point, I will then leave negative feedback but I would rather we worked things out.

You catch more flies with honey...

I'm friends with the OP. her MIL did send a
Calm email. That's when the WAHM threatened her. I read the emails. It's very unprofessional! I would totally love to call her out here but I won't! This is horrible business!

valkynlu 09-27-2012 06:50 PM

Thanks for the replies (and sorry for my delay in responding). I shall pass along the advice!

She just got a new email from the WAHM saying the diapers have been done for awhile, but she's hesitant to send them out because she thinks my MIL has been threatening and rude and will just demand her money back even after receiving the diapers. I just want to say "You're the one who likes to keep money and product, not us."

This is all pure silliness. Just send the diapers or refund the money...how hard is that?

valkynlu 10-01-2012 05:51 PM

Update: MIL received a full refund this afternoon. Whoo!

qsefthuko 10-01-2012 06:01 PM

Now time to leave negative feedback to warn others of her bad business practice.