Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How to Tell Which BG I have? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446057)

Lolliegee 09-21-2012 05:46 PM

How to Tell Which BG I have?

I started my stash with some BumGenius pockets I bought off Craigslist. Was told they were 4.0s, but there aren't any identifying marks to know for sure. We're switching to all snaps, so I want to sell these now, but want to make sure I'm calling them the right thing and selling them for the right price. They also only came with one insert each, but they don't feel like microfiber, they feel more like a natural fiber. Did BG offer a natural alternative?

:headscratch:Thanks!

rohirette 09-21-2012 05:59 PM

Re: How to Tell Which BG I have?

Do the inserts have BG tags? A lot of people switch inserts around.

What colors are they?

Lolliegee 09-21-2012 06:04 PM

No tags on the inserts. I just realized I didn't make myself completely clear. The diapers do have BumGenius tags, just no version numbers. They are in fairly standard BG colors, several Ribbits, Grasshoppers, Twilights and I'm guessing one Moonbeam, although mine looks darker blue than the color they have on their website.

Lolliegee 09-21-2012 06:09 PM

Okay, I take that back. One of the inserts does have tag. It does say BumGenius on it and that it's microfiber. Maybe it's just that they've been washed so much more than my other ones, that they don't feel the same anymore.

rohirette 09-21-2012 06:11 PM

Well, I can tell a 3.0 from a 4.0 when they are right next to each other, since the 4.0 is cut larger/higher rise. If it is about the same size as a Happy Heiny or other largish pocket, its probably a 4.0. If it is more like a Katydid or Grobaby or other smaller pocket, its a 3.0.

keen1981 09-21-2012 06:12 PM

When I sell on CL, sometimes even here, the original insert doesn't always come with that particular diaper. Too hard to sort thru when you have a ton of brands, microfiber!

Holly dolly 09-21-2012 06:18 PM

If you can easily access the elastic inside it's a 4.0. If not its a 3.0. The 2.0 doesn't have a strip of PUL on the top inside.

Or so I've been told. :giggle:

kannondicarpo 09-21-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly dolly (Post 15714445)
If you can easily access the elastic inside it's a 4.0. If not its a 3.0. The 2.0 doesn't have a strip of PUL on the top inside.

Or so I've been told. :giggle:

This, except there were 2 versions of the 2.0. The first had white snaps and the second had matching snaps.

The easy access elastic is the best identifier of the 4.0s though, IMO.

Lolliegee 09-21-2012 06:25 PM

Well, that's it then. They're 3.0, the elastic is not accessible at all. Man, I feel like I was cheated. Didn't know about this site yet, or I would've just bought from here. So, what would you guys charge for these then? They're in pretty good shape, no staining, but there is a definite fair amount of pilling around the Aplix area. Never felt like the laundry tabs worked very well.

Catbutt Diapers 09-21-2012 09:06 PM

post a picture :) then we can see