Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Circumcision question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446089)

jacandy 09-21-2012 07:13 PM

Circumcision question

We had ds3 circ'd and I feel that it doesn't look "right" (lack of a better word). Like enough skin wasn't removed. He's a little chunker especially in his thighs:)
Do I just leave it be or retract it? The ped says to pull it back and that it won't seem like so much skin once he's a bit older and not so chunky. I just feel conflicted.

knodceo 09-21-2012 07:17 PM

Don't pull it back! It's connected. Sorry it doesn't look right, take him to a urologist or another pediatrician to get a second opinion.

MDever 09-21-2012 07:23 PM

Re: Circumcision question

As I understand it many doctors that perform circs are doing a less aggressive procedure so the "look" you are describing could be normal. If you have any concerns please seek a pediatric urologist. They would know better that most.

sojomisa 09-21-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever (Post 15714759)
As I understand it many doctors that perform circs are doing a less aggressive procedure so the "look" you are describing could be normal. If you have any concerns please seek a pediatric urologist. They would know better that most.

I agree.

kushie tushie 09-21-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever

Agreed. Your probably thinking the circ was going to be tighter (more skin removed). A looser circ is much better. It gives the penis a little bit more growing room. I wouldnt retract it. Its probably trying to heal itself by reattaching to the glans. Let it come apart naturally as you would an intact child.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Celeste 09-21-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Agreed. Your probably thinking the circ was going to be tighter (more skin removed). A looser circ is much better. It gives the penis a little bit more growing room. I wouldnt retract it. Its probably trying to heal itself by reattaching to the glans. Let it come apart naturally as you would an intact child.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Yes! Ds is circed, and his foreskin reattached a little. I leave it alone and it's fine. It completely covers the head of his p*nis, and then some. I was relieved to see that not as much was removed as I thought.

momma_dna 09-21-2012 07:33 PM

This is how DS' is. DH was worried but our Ped told him it was fine and better this way. Now that he's older (16mo) it seems more "normal". I def wouldn't manipulate it and like pp said, get second opinions if you are really concerned,

Kiliki 09-21-2012 07:35 PM

just another "yea that" - they are performing more loose circ's nowadays b/c in the past they were doing them too tight and many boys had issues with erections as tehy grew into their adult-sized penises.

My son's is very loose, but he will grow into it.

It is far better for them to have it be loose than to have it be too tight. My DH was circ'd twice b/c they "didn't take enough off" and he has some issues from that now as an adult.

jacandy 09-21-2012 07:39 PM

As Ming as he's urinating okay, it should be fine right? I may schedule an apt with a urologist just to be 100% sure and put my mind at ease.

jacandy 09-21-2012 07:40 PM

And is it normal for it to disappear inside itself..like when we first change a diaper? Seems like because of how chubby he is:giggle: