Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What do you ladies do..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446123)

momma_of_hjm 09-21-2012 09:50 PM

What do you ladies do.....

to lose weight. Besides eating healthy. I have never in my life had to worry about weight. Then that magic age of 30 and WOW!!! I am undiagnosed add or adhd so I start all kind of things with greatest of intentions along with the other 100 things I start at the same time. I think I am going to try running? But I get bored with that easily. I have MyFitnessPal, but I have no friends on it. I try to stick to that, but its hard. My add or adhd makes me want to do stuff when I am bored which seems to be eating. UGH!!! Tips? Help! Anyone want to be my friend on MyFitnessPal?

jaelynsmommy61607 09-21-2012 09:52 PM

Weight watchers? Meetings with real people? I like the meetings because the people all can relate.

momma_of_hjm 09-21-2012 10:00 PM

Re: What do you ladies do.....

Ive thought about that but the meetings just dont sound to appealing to me.

keen1981 09-21-2012 10:01 PM

Buy no junk. You won't find chips/dips/ice cream or candy in my house unless it's a party or something. Lol.

My kids snack on dates/prunes/celery/pickles ect. Popcorn too!it helps!

abunchoflemons 09-21-2012 10:12 PM

Try running pal or music or an audio book? healthy stuff. I do cardio boxing and an eliptical type of thing when I can when I am not pregnant and have more energy. leg lifts were great for my tummy area til back pain.... bike? try to start running or bike group to go with to help....gym?

luvsviola 09-22-2012 12:23 AM

I love the C25K app. It is the Couch to 5K program. It is stupid-proof. The app tells you when to run, and when to walk, and anyone can do it. You can zone out because it tells you what to do, and you can still play your music or Pandora in the background.

I am doing MyFitnessPal.com and C25K and have lost 7 pounds in about 3 weeks.

savingmomof2boys 09-22-2012 07:13 AM

I am on myfitnesspal, same username as on here if you want to add me. I also eat when I get bored so I try to keep busy.

As far as exercise go, I did couch to 5k at the beginning of this year and have continued to run 4 days a week. I also lift weights 5 times a week.

mommy2sammy 09-22-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma_of_hjm
to lose weight. Besides eating healthy. I have never in my life had to worry about weight. Then that magic age of 30 and WOW!!! I am undiagnosed add or adhd so I start all kind of things with greatest of intentions along with the other 100 things I start at the same time. I think I am going to try running? But I get bored with that easily. I have MyFitnessPal, but I have no friends on it. I try to stick to that, but its hard. My add or adhd makes me want to do stuff when I am bored which seems to be eating. UGH!!! Tips? Help! Anyone want to be my friend on MyFitnessPal?

I do my fitness pal to, although kind of half a$$ because I don't have any friends on it either ;-) how do you friend people? I'd love to try it!

KelseyH 09-22-2012 08:06 AM

Read the Female Body Breakthrough by Rachel Cosgrove! Best part? Workouts are only 30-45 minutes per day and NO boring cardio! (unless you want to add it in). The exercises, warm ups, and workouts are all explained in depth and laid out exercise by exercise, day by day. It's fool proof! :)

Rachel and her husband Alwyn Cosgrove have several EXCELLENT books. Anything by them would be motivating IMO.

keen1981 09-22-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH
Read the Female Body Breakthrough by Rachel Cosgrove! Best part? Workouts are only 30-45 minutes per day and NO boring cardio! (unless you want to add it in). The exercises, warm ups, and workouts are all explained in depth and laid out exercise by exercise, day by day. It's fool proof! :)

Rachel and her husband Alwyn Cosgrove have several EXCELLENT books. Anything by them would be motivating IMO.

Cardio is important!!!! She doesn't think so, or hers just isn't borning???