Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I wake up in the middle of the night because... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446179)

boysniris 09-22-2012 04:56 AM

I wake up in the middle of the night because...

I'm up at 3:50 AM because my 39 month old got into bed with us, then said in my ear - LOUDLY - "I'm poopy mommy". :yuck: I have a head cold, so I couldn't smell it. But, still, it was a big mess. I wanted to slather him in cream and slap on a sposie cause he was so red, but I'm so tired I can't remember where they are right now (we are in the process of re-doing a room). I rinsed him off well, AFTER all the cleaning was done (it was sticky, messy, and dried in spots), did the best cloth-safe cream/powder combo I've found, sent him back to bed, cleaned out the diaper, and decided to see what the haps were here :giggle:

When's the last time you had to get up in the middle of the night for your LO?

Van1300 09-22-2012 05:55 AM

Re: I wake up in the middle of the night because...

My almost 3 y/o DD was screaming in her sleep last night right about the same time, 3:45am. I went in her room and she had slid off the bed and had her feet on the ground and her head on the middle of the bed. I asked her if she wanted to go potty and she did. Then she went right back to bed.

Sometimes I think she has to wake up to pee and then falls asleep before she makes it out of her room, but still has to pee, so doesn't go back to bed comfortably (she wears a pull up at night and wakes up dry 75% of the time). I've found her asleep on the floor in the hallway outside of the bathroom before too!

mamamarisa 09-22-2012 07:47 AM

my 26 mo old wakes me up every single night completely soaked. ive been putting 2 dipes on him the last few nights though and it helps alot. he is an early riser too so not only will i be woken up in the middle of the night but when i finally get back to sleep its time to get up again bc he wants his breakfast. lol

mamamarisa 09-22-2012 07:49 AM

AND there is no avoiding his super soaking. if he isnt waking me up bc he is soaked, he is nagging for a drink only to become soaked within 2 mins of me falling asleep after getting him a drink.

marliah 09-22-2012 07:59 AM

I'm up typically 2-3 times a night for changes (with a newborn that's normal though ;)) my almost 2 year old needs a change in the middle of the night about half of the time, some mornings she wakes up dry.

kalibratx4 09-22-2012 08:39 AM

We are still bf'ing and co-sleeping over here so DD 22months wakes me up @ least once and asks for "boo boo" I tell her NO if its before 5am and then she wakes again early morning to nurse..... Ughhhhhhhhh but this is a huge improvement from 6 months ago :)

AZmommy 09-22-2012 08:43 AM

ugg Maggie spent the last 5 days UP all night.. She was going to bed fine then waking saying she was scared but even if I tried laying down with her she just seemed up.. Drove me batty.. She fell asleep last night with DH I left her and slept on her bed cause I REALLY needed un interupted sleep.

boysniris 09-22-2012 09:37 AM

Oh mamas, I can't say that I would want to trade nights :hugs: TWO diapers at night? I guess my son's one diapers is as bulky as two LOL!

ducky5306 09-22-2012 09:49 AM

:hides:.... We use Huggies for over night ;p to avoid this kinda thing!

AZmommy 09-22-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducky5306 (Post 15716669)
:hides:.... We use Huggies for over night ;p to avoid this kinda thing!

one my babies start sleeping more though the night we also switch to sposies at night. No regrets.