Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   S'bish snapless and non-wool covers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446184)

piccolabambola 09-22-2012 06:13 AM

S'bish snapless and non-wool covers

S'bish fans - I have a question for you about covers!

I plan to purchase some S'bish snapless to help get us through the long, wet toddler nights :giggle2:- (we actually switched to 'sposies for a while at night which I am really trying to avoid after 2 years of all cloth!)

I don't want to buy too much new fluff, as we are *hopefully* close to PL so I hope to use what I can out of our existing stash to support the S'bish use.

Does anyone have experience using S'bish with regular covers (aka not wool - I don't have the funds)

I have in my stash:
Thirsties Duo (Size 2) - which I love
And some Grovia One Size covers - which I usually use for trifolding only - never used with a fitted as our only fitted experience were in the XS newborn months and we hadn't picked these up yet.

Has anyone used either of these with S'bish snapless? Overnight?

Thanks, Mamas!

mamamarisa 09-22-2012 07:33 AM

Re: S'bish snapless and non-wool covers

subbing :)

boysniris 09-22-2012 09:47 AM

I don't have experience w/Sbish, but I wanted to mention that kiddos who day-train may not always night-train at the same time. My DS1 was day-trained by 3 1/2, but he wet his bed until he was 5. I bought pull-ups for him until I started researching cloth (for soon-to-arrive DS2). Then I bought him some nighttime bedwetter-type pants and they worked great. So for DS2, I'm expecting him to be in nighttime diapers until he is 5 as well.

piccolabambola 09-22-2012 03:29 PM

boysniris - I'm not expecting miracles with PL'ing - especially nights! we can only hope... But, I am shy to spend loads of cash on a new stash at 2yrs old - plus, I'm lazy ;) so I'm trying to make do with some of what I have and decide what to destash that might not work as well.

mamamarisa - thanks for the bump!

Anyone out there with Thirsties Duo / Grovia cover used with S'bish anecdotes?

holocene 09-22-2012 04:08 PM

Grovia won't work with snapless. I'm not sure about the thirsties duo though, but i can barely make my flip cover my sbish.

RissaMamaRex 09-22-2012 04:51 PM

I use Capri covers and Thirsties wraps with my wool occasionally. :) works for me!

momgoddess 09-22-2012 05:02 PM

I asked the question on the sbish fan page on FB... wanting to know what PUL covers fit well over the snapless and the overwhelming response was Blueberry Coveralls and Gen-Y.

jujee 09-22-2012 05:05 PM

Hmm, would like to know as well. :)

I just purchased a snapless off FSOT. Not going to be using it for a while, but wanted to have one anyway and I don't know if I can invest in wool covers just yet. I have 1 blueberry coveralls and 1 size 1 Capri, so hopefully those will work.

eileprose 09-22-2012 06:48 PM

Well, my little one is a lot younger than yours but I cover my size small sbish with either a thirsties sized cover or a thirsties duo. It works fine. I just find I have to size up a bit. I have to totally unsnap my duo and my lo still fits and xs but at night wears a small with the sbish.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ssand23 09-22-2012 07:38 PM

This is our usual combo (Sbish XL fitteds with PUL covers since ds is allergic to wool), though I would recommend either adding an extra doubler to the snapless Sbish fitteds or go with the sized OBF fitteds instead for night time. The sized Sbish fitteds are more absorbent but you can add a doubler to the snapless to help it hold more for nights. The OBF's are so absorbent that at home during the day, ds often runs around with one on with no cover at all & he's not a light wetter at all. They just hold that much. :)

I use either Bummis snap wraps (we need to use snap covers), Bummis pull on or Booroi sized covers (what ds has on right now). In the past I have also used (only stopped since ds outgrew them all), Motherease Airflow covers (these are my all time favorites & never leak, perfect for nights) and Proraps.