Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Its a happy basic weekend! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446185)

jwjbbrown 09-22-2012 06:14 AM

Its a happy basic weekend!

http://www.scrapwish.com/2113522/201...saturday-3.gif
We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

jwjbbrown 09-22-2012 06:17 AM

Re: Its a happy basic weekend!

Tying to improve my attitude about training today...thus the happy Saturday opening.

I am up, kitchen cleaned, mopped, washer running, dishwasher running. Now to drink my coffee and contemplate the rest of my breakfast....hmmmm

lemurmommies 09-22-2012 06:17 AM

Good morning! I was just getting ready to start the thread, but then here you were! :)

I have been up for about half an hour. Ru is getting ready for work; it's her Saturday in at the office. I am having my coffee and E is watching Walking With Monsters on Netflix. Once I am done breakfast I need to start laundry and do school stuff. I am going to try something new this weekend. I am going to try and load the majority of my school stuff into Saturday, when Ru isn't here anyhow, and then try to relax more on Sunday. Last weekend I did the inverse and I felt stressed going back on Monday. We shall see if working a lot today helps.

This afternoon I am going to try and make noodle-less lasagna with fried eggplant strips in place of the noodles. I hope it is decent!

jwjbbrown 09-22-2012 06:28 AM

that sounds like a good idea Mel and a super yummy dinner. I can tell you when we do eggplant I don't fry it anymore, it bakes up well in the oven.

WFD: homemade chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and a veggie here for dinner

redgirlsmama 09-22-2012 08:01 AM

Morning lovelies! I really like the little girl that slept over. Polite, shy, easy smile. Funny thing though, her older sister was best friends with my niece, who is 28 :thud: so the kids in her family are 28, 16, 9 and 4!!!! She has a 1yo nephew and another due any day. Can't imagine.
Did chores and dishes, showered and am now contemplating apple picking in a few hours. I would have loved it if someone bothered to tell me that it was duck opener this morning, the gun shots would have seemed less scary and more appropriate. I also feel bad, SIL took 3 horses to a futurity sale, and the horses that are now left alone in their pens are crying for them . Still, and they left yesterday at noon :( If she doesn't bring back the paint baby the horses won't be the only ones crying though. Titan is a favorite around here.
Mel that sounds yummy. And whenever I work first and then relax it works better for me too. I am sure Ru will enjoy relaxing rather than diverting E too.
Jen do you have training today? Ick.

jwjbbrown 09-22-2012 08:27 AM

Yep Jess this is a 3 day training and so we get paid off contract for the last day. Frustrating and annoying but there you have it. Also had to leave MH not feeling good, low grade fever and a headache. So Jerry is snuggling with her while the ibuprofen kicks in. I know she will be fine when it does but I want to be snuggling her!

cherylchoo 09-22-2012 11:41 AM

Morning mamas! This morning the kids were up and 8am, and I told DH to let me sleep and go fix them breakfast and let me sleep 15 more minutes. Next thing I knew it was 9:30...and I just turned over and went back to sleep. :giggle2: By 9:45 the ongoing pillow wrestling match was too loud for me to sleep through and I finally came down. To find I forgot and left the crock chicken out unplugged to cool all night. :banghead: I planned on eating on that all weekend.

I've been to the grocery store. They were having a 5% off your total (if you do their online coupons) so it was crowded and they were out of rotisserie chickens for my plan B. But I saved $27 on $100 so not bad. I managed to throw together lunch with various leftovers on hand, but I am not sure about dinner yet. I might pull a few chicken boobs from the freezer so I can continue with the rest of the weekend meal plan.

The local nature center is having some sort of event today, so we are headed that way in a bit. There is also an arts crawl about 15 minutes away, but I'm not sure up to taking the kids to see a bunch of cool stuff they can't touch and we won't buy. :rofl: Cash is just too tight this month or I would splurge on something there.

I know you will be glad when training is over Jen. I didn't know that about Penneys, I will have to check it out some time. Fridays are difficult for me to get out though.

Mel, I am going to be trying squash in place of noodles next month. I've never done a spaghetti squash or eggplant strips like you are talking about. I'd really like to get the kids to eat more variety, and that may be a way to trick them into it.

redgirlsmama 09-22-2012 12:06 PM

Spaghetti squash is yummo. I like microsteaming it rather than roasting. And I put it with browned sausage and marinara and bake it with cheese for a spaghetti casserole effect. Just different enough to avoid the comparisons to regular spaghetti.
Lydia threw up 2x in Bella's room. Probably no apple picking but I am totally ok with that. I can't remember the last time I didn't have somewhere to be. I am resenting the thought of taking Tiffany home though :giggle:

lemurmommies 09-22-2012 12:07 PM

Oooh, a baked spaghetti squash casserole! that would be great! (makes note and adds idea to meal plan for next week)

I am plugging along slowly but surely with stuff I have to do. Need to do some marking. Fun.

jwjbbrown 09-22-2012 12:31 PM

the spaghetti squash casserole sounds really yummy.