Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Baby shower - what to do as a guest of honor (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446371)

angel nee nee 09-22-2012 07:34 PM

Baby shower - what to do as a guest of honor

My friends are throwing a baby shower for me.....! I'm so excited that someone thought of doing this for me.

In the past, some of my friends talked about throwing a shower, but it never happened. Instead, my family member threw a shower for me once.

I was wondering, when a friend throws a baby shower for you, what did you, or do you do as a mother of the baby....?

I asked if there's anything I can do to help, but I was wonderig what you did to get some idea about how i can help.

Thanks for the ideas. :)

my2sweets 09-26-2012 06:52 AM

I didnt do anything but 'stay out of the way'(we tease each other like this so not said meanly ;) ) and 'show up hungry' lol My mom and aunt threw a shower for dd1 and a friend threw a sprinkle for dd2. I asked if/what I could do and those were the responses I got lol

KelseyH 09-26-2012 09:04 AM

My mom threw a shower for me, so it was a bit different, but all I really did was make cupcake wrappers and toppers with my Cricut (although those things were pretty darn tedious!), put together some cupcake stands, and showed up the morning of the shower. :)

waterisntsomething 09-26-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Baby shower - what to do as a guest of honor

I had to ask a friend to throw a shower for me :blush:. I was going to help out a lot...I asked her just so I could have a little help and then she ended up doing everything. It was really great! I did get the prizes for a couple of the games. One was a gift certificate for the movie theater and the other was a bottle of wine.

angel nee nee 09-28-2012 12:15 PM

aww. It's nice to hear about your showers. :)

I asked many times what I can do to help but haven't received the answer so I think I'll just show up. hehe.

snoggle 09-30-2012 04:49 PM

I have a friend/coworker throwing mine (I've only lived here a year, so no long term, really close friends close by). She loves throwing a party and doing all the arranging, but I know money is really tight for her. So we're going to supply a lot of the food (it's actually going to be more of a cookout/party with guys and families there, not the traditional baby shower.) Our other coworkers are all going to bring a side dish, so all of the expense isn't on her. She designed and printed the invitations, but I've sent them all out. Again, she's not a really close friend, so I feel better doing some of this stuff myself since I've waited a LONG time for this baby and just really want to have a big party!