Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   talk wooden playsets (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446531)

tusheez 09-23-2012 12:37 PM

talk wooden playsets

Do you have one? What kind? What do you like or not like about it. DD really wants a swing/playset in the backyard. Did you put it together or pay to have it put together?

Rockinmama24 09-23-2012 02:25 PM

We've had our Rainbow set for going on 9 years. It is still good & a big deal to me is that the canvas on the top still looks great. I hate seeing ones ripped or faded.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mommabritt 09-23-2012 03:05 PM

Ours is crap. The wood is crap and the predrilled holes are all stripped. I want to toss it but I know the kids will miss it.

Mom2Connor 09-23-2012 05:14 PM

Re: talk wooden playsets

We have a big set. The brand is "swing n slide" or "swing and slide" (can't remember). It came with the house, and the former owners oldest child was at least older teen. The set has seen better days, but it's in safely useable condition. It has a wooden ladder to a fort (no top) and a wavy slide. Then an arm with 2 swing positions. We currently have a regular swing and a bronco glider. It also has a section on the end for a rope toy but it's not really useable because of the design (the arm entends past the supports, and there is a center support beam from leg to leg, so the rope swing bangs into the center support beam. It's not a big enough arm extention to use it for anything else.

As the set is old, and #2 is due in the spring, we are thinking about getting a nice rainbow set. The sets at the hardware stores look cheap to me and use wood that is too small to really hold up long term IMHO. The rainbow set we really like is abotu 4 grand, and we would DEFINITELY have it professionally installed. They were running a special last yr for free installation if you bought the set, and hopefully that's an annaul thing. It was pretty $$ to have it installed.

The 4 grand one was taller, with big covered fort, ladder and rock climbing wall with a full sized tire swing underneath it. A 3 section swing beam, rope ladder (that's useable) and a couple other things I can't remember.

Suzi 09-23-2012 05:26 PM

I think ours is a swing n slide too. We got it fom ace hardware. I've loved it. We even moved it to this house. My ex put it together but he is pretty handy

mommysheri 09-23-2012 06:44 PM

We have a Rainbow set that we really like. All three of my children spend hours playing on it (6, 8, 11). Teenage friends even enjoy coming over and climbing on it. We had it installed by them as it was free and they know what they are doing. Ours has a "penthouse" (that's what we call it), Jacob's ladder, rock wall, rope ladder, slide, 3 swing beam, buoy ball, tire swing, monkey bars, and trapeze bar. We wanted a set the kids would grow in to not out of and that is definitely what we got.

mrspopo 09-24-2012 02:08 AM

I have been a nanny for 15 years and have seen some neat playsets. Unfortunately most of them are dirty and have lots of bugs and spiderwebs. They usually arent used much because they are there everyday and get bored of them. At least that is what i have observed in the 100+ homes ive been in (most of that is from when i worked on-call through a nanny agency).