Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   exercise, anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446648)

sterlids 09-23-2012 06:27 PM

exercise, anyone?

just wondering if anyone else has started exercising again? i started running a mile every day again last week and am so happy i did! i couldn't before because the nausea was just so horrible. i run mon-fri and just a mile for now. will work on adding more distance soon. i'm also wondering how long i'll be able to run?

i was a lazy bum before i was pregnant with my son and while i was pregnant. i didn't get healthy until 2 yrs ago. changed my diet and started running and lost 30lbs but then gained 15 of it back once we got to japan. the food is just too yummy to pass up!

so what is everyone doing for exercise?

Mom2lucy 09-23-2012 06:44 PM

I've started doing squats. I have an app on my phone called 200 squats that I'm working with.

Before getting pg I was working on the couch 2 5k program and doing lots of strength training. I'm still pretty sick and tired so squats is all I'm doing right now. Plus it's one of those all around work outs. Cardio and strength.

love2row 09-23-2012 06:52 PM

Re: exercise, anyone?

Funny that you posted this. I finally got a workout in on Friday. I did a video that was a fusion -- some cardio & some weights. Lots of lunges and squats - boy do my glutes hurt!! I need to get back into it though as I've been asked to design a prenatal fitness class and a stroller fitness class for a local pregnancy & wellness center that I work with. Talk about motivation! I took the weekend off, but am back at it tomorrow!

I hope we can all stick with it.

Sunshine915 09-23-2012 07:42 PM

I was going to the gym 5 days a week until the bad morning sickness hit. Good thing its Planet Fitness and cheap, because I've paid for two months of membership that I haven't used! Grrrr! I'd love to go back, but I'm just waiting to get over this darn cold. Too out of breath to do much... The plan is to do about an hour of cardio a few times a week...hopefully I'll be ready in a few more days!

eco-mum 09-23-2012 07:43 PM

I've been trying to do some squats and some lunges but honestly I'm so out of shape I can only do so many before getting too tired and sitting down lol! My main area I'd like to work on is my butt and thighs. I have cellulite that I am NOT happy with. When I got pregnant with DD my butt got pretty big and just never went back to normal :(. Any suggestions for tightening and firming while pregnant are very welcome!

Mom2lucy 09-23-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco-mum
I've been trying to do some squats and some lunges but honestly I'm so out of shape I can only do so many before getting too tired and sitting down lol! My main area I'd like to work on is my butt and thighs. I have cellulite that I am NOT happy with. When I got pregnant with DD my butt got pretty big and just never went back to normal :(. Any suggestions for tightening and firming while pregnant are very welcome!

If you have an iPhone/iPad I really like my 200 squats app. You plug in how many squats you can do. Even if it's just 5. And then it makes a program for you to steadily increase your Amount of squats over a period of weeks. You only do it 3 times a week and it's a simple program. Squats are great for butt, thighs, abs, back. All kinds of muscles. :)

twinpossible 09-23-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco-mum (Post 15722361)
My main area I'd like to work on is my butt and thighs. I have cellulite that I am NOT happy with. When I got pregnant with DD my butt got pretty big and just never went back to normal :(. Any suggestions for tightening and firming while pregnant are very welcome!

Me too :(

Mainly running after my twin toddlers is exercise enough :giggle: plus I teach 16 units and take care of the house. I do not get a chance to sit often. BUT now that the nausea is going away I am planning to do some prenatal yoga after the babies go to sleep at night.

TS8213 09-24-2012 07:31 AM

I was going to the gym daily before I got pg. Doing cardio machines, Zumba and strength. I haven't been since probably late July when the m/s started in. I want to go back but I'm lacking motivation!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

twinpossible 09-24-2012 01:57 PM

Agreed, it is hard to get motivated but nausea adds a whole different issue. The ONLY time I can exercise is when my toddlers are sleeping but it can be hard to use that time to exercise instead of taking a nap, eating or catching up on my grading.

sterlids 09-24-2012 06:20 PM

so how's this for motivation? there was guy on the treadmill next to me this morning and he only ran .75 of a mile and i ran a whole mile. but here is the real motivation, this guy had to stop like every .25 of a mile and then start again and completely gave up at the .75 mark. i ran the whole mile without stopping at all and i think/hope i'm pretty clearly pregnant.