Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Interviewing for a VBAC...suggestions? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446676)

Kinrice01 09-23-2012 08:52 PM

Interviewing for a VBAC...suggestions?

Hi! I have had 3 Vaginal births, then my 4th baby was a Csec (unnecessary in hindsight). Now I am pregnant with my 5th and have been seeing an OB who is supposedly Vbac supportive. But upon questioning them about it I have gotten some red flag answers about needing to induce before 41 wks with a vbac (especially since I have big babies), hospital requires constant monitoring therefore I can't get into the tub, etc... I am just forseeing that this will turn into a disastor with either a badly medicated vbac or a RCS.

There is a midwife practice on the other side of Denver who says they do Vbac water birth (constant monitoring, but waterproof) if you are low risk. It is at a hospital. I am going to tour and interview with them on Tues. I know to ask them about induction time frames(what will they push), is a hep lock required,

can you give me more suggestions on what to ask? I am about 13 wks along, so I am still early.

Oh, I have never had GD, but I do have over 9 pound babies...and I have never been allowed to go into labor on my own, always have been induced between 40-41 wks.

Thanks for any advice!

umphreysmommy 09-29-2012 07:57 PM

Hmmm my only suggestion is you don't want to be induced with a VBAC. The chance of rupture increases with the use of pitocin.

EmilytheStrange 11-12-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Interviewing for a VBAC...suggestions?

something you should ask: will the midwife allow you to have a waterbirth after your water breaks? Some do, some don't. Might not be an issue since most women do not experience their water breaking naturally early in labor, but it is something to consider.

although, I see now that this thread is a little old. but, might be something to ask them regardless if you've decided to go with the midwife.

BeccaSueCongdon 11-12-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umphreysmommy
Hmmm my only suggestion is you don't want to be induced with a VBAC. The chance of rupture increases with the use of pitocin.

There are other options available for induction if it comes down to choosing between induction or elective CS. Like a Foley catheter or cervadil if your cervix isn't favorable yet. And you can check out the vbac facts website and see what the current data is on pitocin use and vbacs. The increased risk wasn't enough (as I remember) to warrant choosing a repeat CS or choosing to go AWOL on your care provider. There's lots of options. :-).

MrsGinCamarillo 11-29-2012 08:24 PM

Re: Interviewing for a VBAC...suggestions?

Have you considered a home birth? I had a home VBA2C five months ago (our babies are also over nine pounds) that was fabulous! Good luck!

BeccaSueCongdon 11-29-2012 09:56 PM

Any updates?