Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   I am going to go off... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446900)

~KittyKat~ 09-24-2012 12:04 PM

I am going to go off...

On the next person that comes into work and comments on my pregnancy in any way. Yes, I have a belly, perhaps bigger than people expect for 11 weeks pregnant. That does NOT make it right to comment on it and laugh at me like a freak in the circus. Asking me how I am feeling is a nice gesture, however following it up with "Well you look better today, yesterday you looked like crap!" probably is not advised. And coming in asking me if I am having twins and laughing because of how huge I am and saying I am going to be so miserable by the end is really NOT helping my body image issues i am already going through. This pregnancy is hard on me because of how hard I worked to lose 50 lbs, and now to see my body swelling back up is really hard on me. I have enough issues in my own head without the stupidity of customers at the bank adding to it. Thank god I am on the other side of a tall counter because I swear if someone attempted to rub me like Buddah I would hurl myself over said counter and attack.

For now my only choice is to smile and pretend to laugh as they tear out my soul piece by piece and make me feel like a fat, monstrous cow.

Sorry ladies. I just needed to get that out. I am sure someone here can relate. I guess you expect this sort of thing more in the 3rd trimester than the 1st. I admit, I wound up in tears as soon as I went to lunch today.

delicatefade 09-24-2012 12:39 PM

Re: I am going to go off...

I can totally relate. Let's just hope we won't grow so fast at the end :)

twinpossible 09-24-2012 02:15 PM

If it makes you feel better I always bloat up in the beginning but by 12 weeks it goes down and only the baby is left. My pic at 11 weeks and my pic last week (14 weeks) are about the same belly wise.

babyrosie 09-24-2012 02:30 PM

I am so sorry to hear that people are saying those things. I wish I could say I am surprised but people just have no tact. :( you just worry about taking care of you and baby and try to forget about the rest.

iwiamandaiwi 09-24-2012 02:42 PM

:hugs: cheer up hun. the baby will come and you will lose any weight you may have gained. If it makes you feel any better I met a woman last week that was 18wks along and just found out she was having a boy.......I could barely tell she was pregnant and I felt like total crap because at 6wks I looked more pregnant than she did. I wanted to crawl in a hole....

canadianbakers 09-24-2012 03:02 PM

:hugs: I know what you mean about getting big early and having comments made - totally unnecessary and unhelpful comments. Downright rude, in some cases. :yuck: Stupid tactless people.

Are these customers or other people you work with? If it's just a random person, you can't do much - being rude in return would likely be frowned on. Of course, you could just say "what baby?" or "due for what?" if asked... or you could say nothing at all.
If it's people you work with, and you know them decently, I'd be tempted to say something snide in return - "looks like you've gained weight too, sympathy pregnancy?".

momneedssupport 09-24-2012 03:03 PM

:(

mibarra 09-24-2012 05:18 PM

I'm huge!!! Only 12 weeks, and I may smack the next person to say something about twins. It's hard on me because DD1 was an identical twin, and we lost her sister at 31 weeks. So twins is not amusing to me in the slightest.

twinpossible 09-24-2012 06:15 PM

mibarra: I know what you mean! My first are twins and my second pregnancy was twins again but we lost one at 7 weeks and another at 12. When I got pregnant again everyone was saying twins and it just hurt. I was relieved when I saw one baby on the u/s and now when people make comments about maybe there are two in there I show them the picture!

Kinrice01 09-24-2012 07:12 PM

I don't post much, but I read your post and wanted to say I can relate. I lost a little over 100 pounds the past 18 months and this pregnancy it's like I am ballooning back up fast no matter how good I eat or if I exercise. I am having major issues and worries with it. PM me ifyou wanna chat!