Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When did you tell? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447002)

tricia17lee 09-24-2012 04:58 PM

When did you tell?

How far along were you when you started telling close family and friends you were pregnant.

Why did you choose your timing?

I'm super early and having a hard time thinking about keeping this pregnancy a secret! With DD we waited 7 weeks and at that point my nausea and vomiting were so bad I couldn't hide it.anymore.

threestraycats 09-24-2012 05:10 PM

Re: When did you tell?

19 weeks and haven't told everyone yet.

milosmama 09-24-2012 05:10 PM

I told my Mom within 1/2 hour of taking the test...literally. She is my best friend and there is no way I couldn't tell her immediately. Also, we work together and I am a horrible pregnant person so she would have known something was up right away anyway. I told the next closest family members to me (my Aunt and cousin) after about a month. My brother and sis-in-law at about that time also. My co-workers /employees as needed due to horrible pregnancy symptoms that were unhideable. Everyone else after making it out of the first trimester. After having had miscarriages, I don't like the "world" knowing till I am pretty sure we are in the safe zone. In fact this last time I didn't really talk about it to anyone too much till almost 5 months. I can hide it physically pretty well for awhile so I just sort-of didn't say much and most people don't want to be the first to say it so it just went unadressed for awhile.

twinpossible 09-24-2012 06:20 PM

Last time we kept it a secret and lost the baby at 12 weeks, it was REALLY weird to announce a baby's death without announcing it's creation. So this time we told everyone at 8 weeks. I told my mom the day after I took the test but she and the hubby were the only ones until 8 weeks.

waterisntsomething 09-24-2012 06:23 PM

We told MIL on mothers day so i was probably 7 or 8 weeks. I didn't tell my family till around 12 weeks. We announced on facebook around 20 weeks I think.

Palooka 09-24-2012 06:29 PM

About 13 weeks I think

RunawayBunny 09-24-2012 07:32 PM

With DS I told at 5 weeks when my clinic confirmed it. I was in the Air Force and HAD to tell 10 people right away (since I was no longer deploy-able) so at that point my whole office found out and so we told the whole world.

With my second pregnancy we announced after we heard a heart beat at 8 weeks and miscarried at 11. I loved the support and was glad that I could talk about it openly.

This time we waited until 9 weeks because we wanted to tell SIL and my bro in person on our vacation.

keen1981 09-24-2012 07:40 PM

Ds#1 12 weeks
Ds#2 12 weeks

LO#3 5 weeks (we lost the baby at 10 weeks)

Ds#3 12 weeks local and almost 20, on my personal FB, I think.

busyteacher 09-24-2012 09:10 PM

My mom found out way early one like 4-5 weeks because she saw the empty box from the prenatal vitamins, but she didn't tell me that she saw. We officially told her at 6 weeks when I started bleeding and had to go in early for bloodwork (I called and told her I was pregnant and needed her to be at my house in an hour to go to dr with me). So my family found out that way. I didn't tell co-workers or extended family until I was almost 14 weeks. This was our first, and we probably will wait just as long with the next.

1healthylady 09-24-2012 09:22 PM

We told all our family at almost 5 weeks. We wanted to tell DH's family in person. MIL and my parents both had Christmas gifts to open that were little Gator booties. My family was a time zone away and opened their gifts at midnight, so I didn't get to hear their reaction until the next day. I told everyone at work when we got back from Christmas break, so 6 weeks.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum