Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Babywearing coat question. Florida eddition. ;) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447154)

susie190 09-25-2012 08:37 AM

Babywearing coat question. Florida eddition. ;)

Be been looking at suse's kinder coat (just the fleece one not the deluxe or anything) forever but am worried it will be just way to much for a Fl winter. One day I hope to move out of state but that is in the distant future. And DS is 3 now and only worn occasionally. And a next baby is also off in the distant future. Im worried my hubby will be upset we spent the money on one for it to just sit in the closet. If I get one I plan to get rid of a of my other winter coats, I have like 3. So what do you think should I wait until we plan to move (which may end up being a pipe dream), or work on getting one for this winter, or don't get one at all? Any advice welcome. Our winters rarely go below 40 degrees in the day time. And if this year is any thing like last year w'ell only need coats for around 1 month (not even a consecutive month either the days will be spread out over the next 4 months).

MonkeyBean415 09-26-2012 09:45 PM

Re: Babywearing coat question. Florida eddition. ;)

I'm in Alaska so don't really know what Florida winters are like but have you looked into the Peekaru vest? We have one and love it in milder weather.

juliasmom 09-26-2012 10:24 PM

As a Floridian I dont really think you need one.... Of course what you need is completely different than what you want :mrgreen:

Where in FL are you...I am in Tallahassee?

mamashhon 09-27-2012 11:16 AM

I've been a Floridian for 23 yrs (in Daytona beach area) and I'm honestly not familiar with the coat you're talking about...but i can say that I've never owned or need anything heavier than a zip up hoodie. If it's "really cold" here i do a long sleeve shirt with a t shirt over it then a hoodie. Baby legs under thin jeans. But by noon I'm stripping kids down to t shirts and pants. We never have hats, gloves, scarves..etc either. It just doesn't get cold...or stay cold!

susie190 09-27-2012 09:09 PM

I'm near Tampa. And I totally just want one for the few times it gets cold. I know I don't need one for our winters it's more of a I want a coat that I can use for a back carry. :D Maybe I should just cut a hole in the back of my fleece hoodie. Lol

stephcrouse 09-28-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie190 (Post 15740822)
I'm near Tampa. And I totally just want one for the few times it gets cold. I know I don't need one for our winters it's more of a I want a coat that I can use for a back carry. :D Maybe I should just cut a hole in the back of my fleece hoodie. Lol

This is totally what I am planning on doing!

susie190 09-30-2012 04:26 PM

Just don't want a big hole in the back when I'm not wearing my son or need to have two coats with me if I need to wear him while out. Hmm thinking and craft time.

myblessedbaby 09-30-2012 09:54 PM

I would just DIY with one of your current coats. You can add some sort of button or zipper closure so that you can use the jacket normally when not BWing. If you do a search here, I'm sure you'll find a thread or two with links to tutorials :)

susie190 10-06-2012 08:54 PM

Thanks