Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Was this pregnancy a "surprise"? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447186)

BESMama 09-25-2012 08:55 AM

Was this pregnancy a "surprise"?

Hi everyone!
I'm cautiously joining with an EDD of May 15th. This baby was totally unplanned, but we are excited and blessed to add a 4th kiddo to our family.

Turns out NFP doesn't work unless you actually take your temp. Counting days...well...not so accurate :giggle2:

Was this pregnancy a surprise for anyone else?

wolffie 09-25-2012 09:09 AM

Re: Was this pregnancy a "surprise"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BESMama (Post 15728716)
Hi everyone!
I'm cautiously joining with an EDD of May 15th. This baby was totally unplanned, but we are excited and blessed to add a 4th kiddo to our family.

Turns out NFP doesn't work unless you actually take your temp. Counting days...well...not so accurate :giggle2:

Was this pregnancy a surprise for anyone else?

Not a surprise for us but I noticed your location and wanted to say "Hi Neighbor"! I live in the NW burbs too! This will be our 3rd baby and we are due the 18th.

BESMama 09-25-2012 09:14 AM

:wave2: Hi neighbor!

pingdeft 09-25-2012 09:39 AM

Nope, but my first one sure was. I was off of BC for a month and did not think I was ovulating, like not even close.

It took us 4 months this time, which was a bit of a shock because of how easily we were pregnant with my first. I just ovulate a lot later than I thought, which I didn't find out until I started temping.

AngelTV83 09-25-2012 10:17 AM

This was a surprise for us, we were thinking of trying spring next year but I am happy to have a spring baby.

I live in the nw burbs too! Hi neighbors!

Mommyto2B2G 09-25-2012 10:17 AM

Sort of. I never expected to get pregnant so easily or soon after my 2nd m/c this year and I thought it would be a fight. We had decided to NTNP until we found out what was up but everything seemed to work out once I let go. So in a way, yes. I was shocked to see that second line. lol

alice_hallett 09-25-2012 10:25 AM

Nope. We had been trying for over a year and a half. But this summer we had kind of given up hope, so I guess it was a little surprise that after so long of trying it actually happened!

wolffie 09-25-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelTV83 (Post 15729085)
This was a surprise for us, we were thinking of trying spring next year but I am happy to have a spring baby.

I live in the nw burbs too! Hi neighbors!

WOW, with so many people on DS who would have thought there would be 3 of us who live so close in the same DDC!

Adinanna'sMomma 09-25-2012 12:49 PM

We were NTNP for only one month, so not a surprise exactly, but I was surprised it happened my first cycle not preventing!

jennayoung99 09-25-2012 03:35 PM

this is a surprise for us!! well, were NTNP but it took 2 year to get PG with our DD and lots of tracking, charting and vitamins, so we did not expect to get pregnant so easily, and certainly never expected to have a "surprise" pregnancy ever. we feel so blessed and excited!