Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Update - I'm only a little bit of a failure. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447205)

Harmony96 09-25-2012 09:40 AM

Update - I'm only a little bit of a failure.

A failure at metabolizing glucose, that is. :giggle: I just got the results of my labwork from my appointment on Wednesday. They redid my TSH since it was a little off at my first visit, and that is normal. My iron was 12.6, which is awesome for me, but my glucose was 146. The cutoff to pass the one-hour test is 130, so I get to take the three-hour test next week.

Van1300 09-25-2012 09:44 AM

Re: I'm such a failure.

Sorry! I have gestational diabetes too. I've been working really hard to keep my sugars under 130 with diet, but I'm not having a lot of luck the further I get along with this pregnancy. I hope you pass the 3 hour test, eat a lot of protein and drink a lot of water!!!

newmommy13 09-25-2012 09:55 AM

omg my heart was pounding as i read your name as the OP of this thread! don't scare me like that!

Lady_B 09-25-2012 10:43 AM

I was super fit before my first baby and at the 1hr mine was 131 and they still made me do it. I was like seriously?! I blame her Tanta for giving me
Cookies the night before

Harmony96 09-25-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmommy13 (Post 15728983)
omg my heart was pounding as i read your name as the OP of this thread! don't scare me like that!

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to give you a fright, lol. :hugs:

sterlids 09-25-2012 04:20 PM

i'm right there with you. i go in for my 3 hr gtt here in about an hour. i failed the 1 hour last week. of course i hope to pass but won't be surprised if i don't. i had GD with my son. i just hated doing the carb overload the past 3 days and now not getting to eat this morning. i'm so hungry :(.

paper_girl_76 09-25-2012 04:46 PM

I just failed my 1 hour last week. Got a 137...did just fine at the three hour test though. Good luck!

stevensmom 09-25-2012 04:46 PM

:hugs:

I always fail the 1 hr but pass the 3 hrs

Harmony96 09-25-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlids (Post 15730847)
i just hated doing the carb overload the past 3 days and now not getting to eat this morning. i'm so hungry :(.

See, I got a big packet of paperwork and one of them was a page about "if you fail the one-hour test" and it had instructions to do that three-day carb eating, so I asked about that, but she said I don't have to do that. :dunno: Just fast after midnight.

I can say one thing, though... with a 40-minute drive to the doctor's office, I'm definitely NOT waiting until I get home to eat lunch! lol.

sterlids 09-25-2012 07:08 PM

well my doc didn't make me do the test! i had glucose in my fasting urine and i told her the symptoms i get from drinking the glucose drink and she said we can just skip it and just treat me as having GD. so now i'm having to do my glucose checks after eating.