Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How do you keep your toddler from jumping on the bed? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447247)

pine_apple_goat 09-25-2012 11:32 AM

How do you keep your toddler from jumping on the bed?

DD is 26 months and still in her crib. We both enjoy it. It keeps her from getting into things because her toys are in her room since we don't have anywhere else for them. Recently she has started standing at the end, holding on to the sides and bouncing over and over. Usually only at nap time. How do I get her to stop?

Pyrodjm 09-25-2012 11:33 AM

Re: How do you keep your toddler from jumping on the bed?

I don't.

They jump for a few minute each night before bed.

Mom2Connor 09-25-2012 11:42 AM

We let ours jump.

babycat42 09-25-2012 11:44 AM

We switched to a toddler bed and a non bouncy mattress. There really isn't any way around it.

babylove921 09-25-2012 11:50 AM

Yep. I let mine. We actually have a song. "Jumpy jumpy jumpy on the bed".

melfinn 09-25-2012 11:59 AM

Another jumper here, we just let him go! But then he tries to jump on our big bed and it is not a bouncy bed! Its like foam and something else?

Rhianna'sMommy 09-25-2012 12:02 PM

We just let them jump

Kiliki 09-25-2012 12:04 PM

I used to let mine do it for a few minutes every now and again. some of my best childhood memories are of me jumping on my bed with my kid brother, acting like little monkeys. :giggle:

Then my DS fell off when he was about 2 y/o and busted his eyebrow open and the urgent care doc and our pediatrician made me feel like a crap parent... asking about safety measures in our house, whether jumping on the bed was a daily practice and we allowed it, and asking how often we bathed our son, etc. It was a horrible experience. I never, ever want to go through anything like that again, EVER.

So, no more jumping on the bed (or jumping on anything else) ever anymore here. ... which is kinda sad.

KelseyH 09-25-2012 12:50 PM

We have a floor bed for DS, and he will get a running start and do like a hop/belly flop onto his mattress... Lol. We don't worry about it, but he can't jump as readily since he has nothing to hold onto.

*KaiMom* 09-25-2012 12:56 PM

I let my kids jump on all our beds, my only rule is no jumping on other people's beds. I really don't see the issue with it...yes they could fall but my kids have become really good at falling/landing on their feet and I just don't worry too much about it anymore.