Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Night Diaper for DD with different sized thighs :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447272)

missmagoo 09-25-2012 12:40 PM

Night Diaper for DD with different sized thighs :(

My four month old DD has a medical condition called primary lymphedema which causes swelling in her left leg only. So, her right leg is a tiny chicken leg, and her left leg is probably the size of a solid 9 month old's. We wrap her leg at night to encourage the lymph fluid to drain, but it is sort of getting 'stuck' between the end of the wrap on her upper thigh and the elastic of her diaper.

Right now, we are using 4.0s at night. We use covers and prefolds or BGE during the day. We EC, so I like having something stay-dry on her at night so she sleeps through her pees, but I am open to trying something else too. I am also looking for some new covers, because the sized Thirstie's and Wee Huggers are too tight. Flips seem to be the best

I was thinking about wool or fleece covers, but the wool covers come down too far on the thigh to work with the leg wrap. I wanted to try the Happy Heiny's fleece covers, but I'm having a hard time finding them (any suggestion there?), and I don't know that we could use a fitted because I think that would create the same issues we are having with the 4.0s being tight.
We also have the issue of the rest of her being small (she is 13.5 pounds), so we need a good deal of adjustability so that there is snugness around the waist and her small leg.
Help! ANY suggestions appreciated!

babycat42 09-25-2012 12:44 PM

Re: Night Diaper for DD with different sized thighs :(

I don't like these diapers because they are hard to stuff. But have you tried FuzziBunz OS. The legs have adjustable elastic and you could have each leg set to a different size.

CarlsMom 09-25-2012 12:51 PM

Motherease sized fitteds have 3 snaps at the thigh openings so you can customize the fit. While I'm not in love with this wool cover, the Kissaluvs Wool Lover cover has wider leg openings that don't go down the leg. It also is sized.

I love fitteds with wool overnight. So easy. No leaks.

Pampered Mama 09-25-2012 01:01 PM

Softbums Omnis are a pocket you could stuff, and the leg elastics are super adjustable with a slide lock thing, not button elastic, so you can get it just how you need it on each leg.

armywife21 09-25-2012 01:06 PM

I would suggest size fuzzibunz they have snaps that are diagnal so you can set one snap setting down further and then the other one you can have tighter.

jmrw2 09-25-2012 01:13 PM

Something side snapping would work, as then you can adjust the leg and waist separately. Orange diaper co fitted are great! Or if you're looking for an AIO, Peachy Green, BuggaBuggaBoutique, and Rainshine Designs all fit well

missmagoo 09-25-2012 01:16 PM

Duh! I totally did not think about the elastic on the fuzzibunz being adjustable- that's a good idea.
I will check out the motherease and the softbums. Such good ideas, THANKS!!!!

missmagoo 09-25-2012 01:21 PM

I've never used fitteds, but would a closure-less fitted possibly work well with a snappi?

mars817 09-25-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmagoo (Post 15729976)
I've never used fitteds, but would a closure-less fitted possibly work well with a snappi?

I was going to say closureless fitted then you could pin or boingo (think those would work better than a snappi) however tight on each leg. Then for a cover either the fuzzibunz or softbums with seperate adjustments or maybe a pull on cover would work better?

missmagoo 09-29-2012 10:32 AM

Just a small update. I actually talked to the folks at wooly bottoms and they will do a custom cover with slightly different sized leg opening for us :) so I think we are going to try wool and some of the sandy's ME fitteds. Thanks all for your suggestions, I had not thought of side snapping before.