Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How soon did you get a baby bump? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447375)

DesertRat 09-25-2012 04:49 PM

How soon did you get a baby bump?

I'm starting this pregnancy out a few pounds heavier than I wanted, so I don't have a lot of wiggle room left in my "regular" clothes. I'm guessing I'll be outgrowing them sooner than I anticipated, especially since this is number 5.

How soon could you tell there was a pooch there that required bigger clothes?

knodceo 09-25-2012 04:50 PM

The first time it took 3 months, the second felt immediate...or maybe I wanted to be in prego cloths to avoid buttons ;)

itiswhatitis1984 09-25-2012 04:57 PM

I also started out a few pounds heavier than I wanted to and this is my first. At 10 weeks I started getting the looks (you know belly, face, belly, face trying to figure out if you are but not wanting to ask). Sadly when I was 11 weeks we had my moms funeral and almost everyone commented on my belly and how cute I look pregnant. I quickly realized I wasn't going to be able to hide it anymore. So now I'm just embracing my belly since it'll be here for many more months!

sisu 09-25-2012 05:19 PM

With my first, I didn't need any maternity clothes until 20 weeks or so. With my second, it was more like 10 - 12 weeks. I mostly needed maternity shirts, I wore regular pants throughout both pregnancies.

Mommyto2B2G 09-25-2012 05:43 PM

Re: How soon did you get a baby bump?

I'm six weeks and I am in maternity jeans now. ugh. This is pregnancy #7. I keep trying to tell myself it is because my belly was bigger in May when I lost multiples so it must be muscle memory from being big then. Yea... thats it. :giggle:

my2sweets 09-25-2012 05:57 PM

Dd1(2nd pregnancy) i didnt need maturnity until 5.5-6mos, dd2 was 8wks, this lo was 4.5mos.

KelseyH 09-25-2012 06:07 PM

I don't think I needed maternity clothes with DS until about 20-24 weeks. I am 11 weeks now and already using the hair band on my jeans. :( I am really petite but I apparently carry really high... Hoping it takes as long for this one to *really* show.

mayliz 09-25-2012 06:27 PM

Well, I was 110lbs when I got pregnant and all of my weight went to my belly. And ai mean all of it, so that's about 10lbs in 25 weeks. I got a bump at 15 or 16 weeks. It was outrageous.

leyash 09-25-2012 06:58 PM

Re: How soon did you get a baby bump?

With the first, it was 20 weeks or so before I started really showing. With the second and third, it was mostly bloating until about 15 weeks or so. Then the "true" belly came out. With this one, I'm starting at 135 lbs, and I have a feeling I will have a bump between 10 and 12 weeks. We shall see. :) Approaching 8 weeks now.

joeslittlewoman 09-25-2012 08:42 PM

Always before 12 weeks. I never make it through the first tri before i get asked, and thats after a few weeks of politely waiting/whispering, lol. The first sticky pregnancy between 9 and 12 weeks I popped. Think I went mat clothes shopping around 12 weeks after discovering belly bands don't work for me. This time (3rd pregnancy) I was getting comments by 9 or 10 weeks and transitioned to mat clothes around 10-11weeks. I was a bit softer beginning this pregnancy, but I still showed as soon or sooner. I am flat chested and short-torsoed, so everything pushes out front early.