Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   graco my size 70 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447530)

sandrc 09-26-2012 09:03 AM

graco my size 70

i just discovered this seat and i think i'm in love! my local toys r us said it should be in next weds.
does anyone here have it or seen it in person? what does the cover feel like? is it plush or slick feeling? does it have good cushion?
i'm kind of torn between the green and the blue/grey. i'm thinking i like the green better, too bad there aren't more color options!
anyway, i know i was looking for a britax seat but this one will last longer no matter how DD grows it looks like. and can't beat the price!

thtr4me 09-26-2012 11:31 AM

Re: graco my size 70

There are lots of reviews on car-seat.org. I have not seen one in person, but a lot of the mamas and CPST's over there have.

thtr4me 09-26-2012 11:31 AM

DP.

jjordan 09-26-2012 12:04 PM

The only complaint I've heard is that the harness adjuster is tough. So try that out before you buy it, i.e. put a kid in the seat, strap him/her in, and then try to tighten the harness. Ask yourself if you can live with it for the next 5 years. :)

MommaMcCord 09-28-2012 01:12 PM

I have one, and love it. The trick to tightening the harness straps is to buckle the chest clip first, and pull the strap to adjust it BEFORE you buckle the actual buckle. If you try to adjust it after the baby is completely buckled in, it won't really move much, but if you do it before you do the crotch buckle, it moves perfectly. I'm not one to adjust the harness straps every time I put DD in her seat... I adjust them only when they feel too loose or too tight, so it hasn't been a real inconvenience for me.

And to answer OP, it is very well cushioned, DD usually falls to sleep within minutes of being put in it, and she never did that in her Keyfit.

sandrc 09-28-2012 04:15 PM

What does the fabric on the cover feel like it? What cover do you have?

busyteacher 09-28-2012 06:06 PM

Just picked this seat up today and after playing with it tonight I love it! Haven't installed it yet, headed out to do that in a minute, but DS looked very comfy in it. The one hand headrest and harness adjustment is SO nice after uavong to rethread the harness straps on his infant carrier.

sandrc 10-02-2012 01:04 PM

I found this seat at toys r us today. They didn't have a display but the manager opened a box for me. I love it! It's so comfy looking. The fabric doesn't feel really high end but it doesn't feel cheap either. The recline is awesome. Love the harness adjuster. I had no problem with the buckle or tightening the harness. I did have to struggle with the chest clip though.

Now I just need a coupon or something to make it a little cheaper.

Oh my 14 month old 21 pound about 30" tall girl had a lot of room to grow in the shell itself. The headrest was still below the top of the shell when it was adjusted for her.