Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   3 week old sleepong through the night?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447551)

erlyjo 09-26-2012 09:38 AM

3 week old sleepong through the night?!

My dd is already sleeping about 7 hours at night. Is that too long to let her go without nursing? She is still having LOTS of wet and poopy diapers. In fact, she is really a super soaker.

newmommy13 09-26-2012 09:49 AM

I had a newbie dfd who slept a 6 hour stretch right away but the dr said it was ok because I woke her up to make sure she was eating every 2-3 hours besides that one stretch and said not longer than 6 hours. Thank your lucky stars! And congrats on the new little one!

simplyleah87 09-26-2012 10:05 AM

Re: 3 week old sleepong through the night?!

my son always slept like that too, even as a newborn and his weight and everything was always perfectly healthy! Enjoy the sleep :)

SashaE80 09-26-2012 10:14 AM

Mine NB's start at 8 hours and by about 6 weeks are doing 12 - 15 hours. I was absolutely petrified. It really makes breastfeeding a struggle!
My Dr was quite matter of fact, if they are happy, healthy, putting on weight, peeing and pooping, thank your lucky starts and don't tell anyone. Sleepless nights seem to be a badge of honor?!?

stevensmom 09-26-2012 10:18 AM

:yeahthat:

:giggle2:

unfortunatley my kids didn't get that memo...and I was super jealous of my niece that is only 3 weeks younger than dd and she started sleeping through the night at 3 days old

Mom3B1G 09-26-2012 10:23 AM

My newest DS (4th baby) is a champion sleeper, too, and it's great! Don't worry about it, and enjoy it... seriously! He started sleeping 7-9 hours when he was 5 wks or so. As long as your DD is getting enough to eat and is happy and healthy, you're good to go! Enjoy the fact that you get some extra rest. Last night, my DS slept over 11 hours, and he is not quite 4 months old. I'm surprised by it, but I'm not worried. He has gained 3 lbs. a month each month so far, and I actually wish he would slow down, because he looks 6-9 months old already! Can't I have a little baby for a while? LOL Probably one of the reasons he has grown so well is that he sleeps so much. He is also happy, which is great, too (and may be because he is well rested).
Congratulations on your new little one!

adjroberts 09-26-2012 10:32 AM

My DS has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 weeks old, 7-12 hours a night. He is EBF and has always done fine. I would just feed him as soon as I woke up and sometimes would pump during the night if I was too full to be comfortable. I think at the very beginning I would feed him once through the night, but he rarely woke up during. Now at 5 months he is quite a chunker and still sleeping through the night like a champ!

erlyjo 09-26-2012 10:36 AM

Thanks, everyone! I guess I'll let myself rest when she's sleeping. I've been so paranoid about it that I've still been waking up every hour or so to check on her! I've tried waking her up to nurse her at night, but she is totally not interested. Such a change from my last baby. He didn't sleep through the night until he was 8 months old!

Teexie 09-26-2012 12:15 PM

As a FTM with my DD I would have freaked out and woke her up every 2 hours. If I'm lucky enough to have a second child who sleeps through the night, I will do a happy dance and let him/her sleep away :)

Connor 09-28-2012 02:58 AM

If it were me I would either nurse or pump once during that time. Everyone's body is different. Some mamas supply will be fine where others would not. At that age I wouldn't go longer than 4 hours at night without nursing.