Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What does foamy EBF poop mean? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447554)

Mom3B1G 09-26-2012 09:49 AM

What does foamy EBF poop mean?

Hi! Yesterday, while I was changing DS (almost 4 months) diaper, he was not quite done, and he pooped out foam. I am not kidding, it looked like the foam soap, though definitely not white LOL! He is my 4th baby, and I have never seen this before (may have happened, but I didn't see it, I suppose). He nurses very well and has gained 3 lbs. every month so far. Yes, he's huge! He is the size of a 6 month old baby already, so we would not expect to have health issues or allergies....? It's weird. What causes it?

expaik 09-26-2012 02:19 PM

Re: What does foamy EBF poop mean?

I would not worry. That's exactly how it looked when I caught sight of it coming out of my babies' butts too. And all of them were super healthy, 90% weight/height, and still healthy as toddlers and grade schoolers today.

luvthefluff 09-26-2012 02:46 PM

thats what it looks like coming out of my dd too!

magdalynaa 09-26-2012 08:17 PM

Lol ditto to foam-poop. DD sprayed me with it yesterday, too! I screamed like Joe Dirt: "Ewwwwww I got the poo on meeeeeeee!!!"

Happy Mommax4 09-26-2012 08:36 PM

PP, LMBO!!!!

I just was scrolling through the current section and seen that! I laughed so loud I almost woke the bebe up!

vmomma 09-26-2012 08:37 PM

I think it's gas making it bubble. Nothing to worry about :)

BunnyMcFluff 09-26-2012 08:40 PM

I thought my baby was the only one! I always knew when she pooped because her diaper sounded like Rice Krispies

mamaspice 09-26-2012 09:03 PM

It can mean a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance but there may be other causes too. Is there any spitting up, gas, or tummy trouble? If so you might try staying on one side longer.

doulamomma 09-26-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaspice
It can mean a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance but there may be other causes too. Is there any spitting up, gas, or tummy trouble? If so you might try staying on one side longer.

Yep, that. an imbalance can make poo green and mucousy too

Sent from my droid

Mom3B1G 09-26-2012 09:31 PM

Good to know he is not the only one! I have seen quite a few poops coming out of my 4 kids, but this is the first time I have seen it foam... crazy!

I had thought he was nursing long enough on one side, but he is a fast nurser, anyway, so maybe not. I have been paying attention more today to be sure he is really emptying from one side. We'll see if that makes a difference. I'll try to get him some more hindmilk. He is not spitting up much or seeming to have tummy trouble, but he does have gas.