Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Breastfeeding and weight loss. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447577)

theonenonlymrssmith 09-26-2012 10:49 AM

Breastfeeding and weight loss.

Wow! I didn't realize DS had a weight loss forum! I am 10 months into breast feeding my son and I have not lost an ounce since I left the hospital. :-( any other mamas struggling with this?? I just started working out again 4 days ago and hoping I can see some results soon!

huntressxx 09-26-2012 11:13 AM

I gain weight nursing. So I know the struggles

Sent from my iPhone 5 that cannot see what I'm writing on this forum...

l_Kimmie_l 09-26-2012 11:52 AM

Re: Breastfeeding and weight loss.

I am breastfeeding my 5 month old and struggle to lose weight. I have been dieting since August and finally lost 21 lbs. I am down to pre-last baby and am now working toward, pre baby #2 weight. I am a breastfeeding gainer too.

Happy Mommax4 09-26-2012 12:13 PM

I've also had this happen. I have around 15-20lbs yet to loose. I did however get to the lowest I've been in about 5yrs after baby #4. He's 16mo btw.

But w my previous two I didn't loose anything. I think it's because I'm so busy I really forget to eat sometimes, also my sons got a huge milk appetite! Lol

flockofsiegels 09-26-2012 12:50 PM

I was having trouble losing weight while bf'ing and mentioned it to a lactation consultant friend. She suggested I start logging my food consumption and upping my good fat intake. Sure enough, I wasn't eating enough calories (1800 on average when I needed to be eating about 2200 for my size) and when I did, BAM! the last 15 lbs came off. I'm now 5lbs under my pre-preg weight.

l_Kimmie_l 09-26-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flockofsiegels (Post 15734288)
I was having trouble losing weight while bf'ing and mentioned it to a lactation consultant friend. She suggested I start logging my food consumption and upping my good fat intake. Sure enough, I wasn't eating enough calories (1800 on average when I needed to be eating about 2200 for my size) and when I did, BAM! the last 15 lbs came off. I'm now 5lbs under my pre-preg weight.

LOVE your name!!!

When I add more calories I so gain. I have to be high protein to lose.

flockofsiegels 09-26-2012 02:43 PM

Aw thanks! Yeah breastfeeding and weight loss can be so mysterious...I tried more protein for awhile but it wasn't til I upped my fat intake (mainly through walnuts and coconut oil) that I started to lose. But as a result I now have a 24lb 9mo DS...I wonder how much of his weight has to do with what I'm eating....

theonenonlymrssmith 09-27-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flockofsiegels

Really?! That is interesting! According to this site

http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned

I should be eating about 2600 calories a day. I've been logging in about 1500-1700/day. Adding calories when I'm trying to loose is a scary thought though!!

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.

theonenonlymrssmith 09-27-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flockofsiegels
Aw thanks! Yeah breastfeeding and weight loss can be so mysterious...I tried more protein for awhile but it wasn't til I upped my fat intake (mainly through walnuts and coconut oil) that I started to lose. But as a result I now have a 24lb 9mo DS...I wonder how much of his weight has to do with what I'm eating....

I already have a super high fat/protein intake ( I think) hmm....so curious.

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.

janellenowitzke 10-03-2012 08:01 PM

The weight didn't really get back to normal after my first daughter until I started working out like I did before having my daughter. Then the nursing plus activity plus less snacking get my weight down to less than pre baby. I am hoping it works the same for post baby 2.