Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Homebirthers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447616)

Mom2ManyBlessings 09-26-2012 12:38 PM

I know Im not the only one :) Who else is having a homebirth?

Is this your first? If not how many homebirths have you had?

What are you most excited about? Biggest fear?

When is your first appointment with your midwife?

Anything else youd like to share?

Mom2ManyBlessings 09-26-2012 12:43 PM

This is my second homebirth. But my first HBA2C. My first homebirth was a successful VBAC, but the baby after him was another CSection.
Im si excited because I love my midwife. Shes so sweet and supportive. I love that she believes in me and just loves our whole family.
I can admit Im scares to be a HBA2C. Not because I dont think itll go great, but a lot of people think Im crazy and it messes with my head when they tell me how "nervous" they are for me. I also have a fear of post partum hemorrhage, bc this is my 7th baby and I kniw the chance increases the more babe you have. But Ill talk to my midwife about both these things and I know shell calm those fears. :)
My first appointment with her is Oct 9th (10 weeks) and I cant wait!!!

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos. :)

Leiiki 09-26-2012 01:39 PM

Re: Homebirthers

I'm planning an HBAC, but having trouble finding a midwife that I feel comfortable with who will work with a previous C-section. The one I really liked said she doesn't feel experienced enough, but would be willing to doula for me in a hospital birth. The one who will do an HBAC is kind of a brusque woman with whom I just don't quite click.

I floated the idea of paying them both, so I'd have someone I was comfortable with but also the chance for HBAC, and DH looked a little pale but said we would do that if that's what I really wanted. Love him.

BBBmOm 09-26-2012 02:17 PM

Yeah for homebirth! I transferred care to an OB 1/3 of the way through my 1st pregnancy due to complications, then I used him again (along with a wonderful doula) for a hospital VBAC, which unfortuantly failed. SO...I am doomed to cection-hood forever. It was definantly a struggle with my first because...it was SO not my plan. With the second, I was more relaxed since I knew more what to expect, should my VBAC not happen. This time....as odd as it sounds, I am totally at peace. I wish my homebirth ambitions had happened, but I have got to be a part of many of my close firends and still love them so much, but I have 2 healthy kiddos, so I can't complain :)
OP, I hope you find a midwife you love!

Mom2ManyBlessings 09-26-2012 02:26 PM

My second CSection was much better then my first as well. I have no fear of another CSection but prefer a full term VBAC and trust my midwife to help me achieve that more then my Ob. We also dont have insurance an refer to not have to use the medicade system if we can avoid it so that had a role in our HBA2C instead if a hospital VBA2C. Im sure youll have no great 3rd CSection, its so much better knowing what to expect!

BBBmOm 09-26-2012 02:39 PM

I know you can do it!!! It will be such an awesome experience. Home birth is such a beautiful thing. My second failed due to a large, over due baby, who refused to descend, and a blood pressure (mine) that was becoming horrifically hypotensive :(

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Mom2ManyBlessings 09-26-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leiiki
I'm planning an HBAC, but having trouble finding a midwife that I feel comfortable with who will work with a previous C-section. The one I really liked said she doesn't feel experienced enough, but would be willing to doula for me in a hospital birth. The one who will do an HBAC is kind of a brusque woman with whom I just don't quite click.

I floated the idea of paying them both, so I'd have someone I was comfortable with but also the chance for HBAC, and DH looked a little pale but said we would do that if that's what I really wanted. Love him.

Thats tough to not have an option youre totally excited about. My midwife does VBAC a lot and is very experienced in the "eventful" birth which makes me feek so at peace with her. I lost a lil more blood faster then usual with my HBAC and she was on top if giving me a shot of pitocin right away not waiting to see what happened which my husband and I both appreciated.
Ask how many Vbacs they have done, what the outcomes were. I think if the one you dont like as much has a good success rate with it, that would be a comfort to make her look better. If she doesnt then thatd be another strike agaist her.

We live near Portland Oregon which is very natural living friendly and are blessed to have a large pool of midwives. . .I know some areas are much harder to find a good one.
Hopefully anotger option you like will pop up. :)

mamato2boyz 09-26-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings
I know Im not the only one :) Who else is having a homebirth?

Yay for homebirth!

This will hopefully be my second homebirth. My first was an accidental unassisted HB. ;-)

I am most excited about just being in a space I am totally comfortable. I love being able to eat, shower, sleep or whatever when I want to. I loved directly after having DS2, I got to eat a yummy breakfast, drink a big ole glass of OJ and nurse my baby. Then I fell asleep in my own bed. :-) Ahhhh I am also stoked that my other kids can be here for the birth. DS1 REALLY wants to be present.

I am most nervous about being transferred and having to have a c-section. Mainly because between the two hospitals I can choose from, one has the highest csection rate in the county and the other won't release placentas for 5 days!!!!! I will be encapsulating my placenta so I want that sucker ASAP.

Not sure when my first midwife appt will be probably around 10 weeks. So, in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh

Lisathena 09-26-2012 07:19 PM

We will be having another HB, #3 was born at home and 4 at a birth center whihc was out of my hands. I already met w/ our new, mw last week because she was in town....she is coming from5 hrs away. I will not birth w/ any of the hb mws in my town. They are all witchy women who are territorial! No.thanks.
€" ( \")# {$ #(|| …% I know she will prly miss the birth as my last deliever was just 2 1/2 hrs. But I have a wm acting as a doula for help, she just isn't. Licenced yet.

blhuns01 09-30-2012 02:18 PM

I know Im not the only one Who else is having a homebirth?

I'm having a homebirth for baby #2! I had a homebirth with DS in March 2012 and suprise! we're pregnant again. I'm most excited about being more relaxed this time (does that make sense? lol). My biggest fear is another labor like my last. I had a seriously giant head baby that wasn't centered so he came down with a tilted head. Wow that was crazy pain and he flipped posterior 2 times during labor as well so we had to turn him both times. My MW said I would have had a c-section in the hospital. **shudder** crazy pain is my fear.

My 1st appointment probably won't be until 12ish weeks. Everything is still fresh in my mind and of course I know her already :) . I'm getting a dating ultrasound done on Friday and then my blood work. woo