Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   unisom...help please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447670)

roseyroberts 09-26-2012 03:23 PM

unisom...help please

Hey gals...i ran out of unisom thinking I could do without it....such an unwise decision ..i spent the day puking. :(
My mom usually picks it up for me in a neighboring town but she can't bring any till friday. I went to our local stores and found a freds brand sleep aid -compare to unisom type thing..but I want to be sure its the same stuff. Can someone look on their box and tell me if this is comparable?

Doxylamine succinate 25mg

Inactive ingrediants:
Diacalcium phosphate
Magnesium stearate
Microcrystalline cellulose
Sodium starch glycolate

Thanks !

Christylkeller 09-26-2012 04:59 PM

Re: unisom...help please

Yep! Thats the active ingredient you want! Sorry you ran out! I have run out of unisom once and B6 once and it was awful!

twinpossible 09-26-2012 05:15 PM

To the rescue!!!

Okay my unisom says it is

Doxylamine succinate 25mg

inactive
Dibasic calcium phosphate
1 aluminum lake
Magnesium stearate
Microcrystalline cellulose
Sodium starch glycolate

twinpossible 09-26-2012 05:16 PM

So a little different but what you have might work. Fingers crossed for you! I weaned myself down to half a unisom and hopefully I can kick it soon.

roseyroberts 09-26-2012 06:01 PM

Thanks ladies!
I have been down to a half for awhile and thought I could do without....i wonder if it would level out if I stayed away from it. It's better today than it was yesterday. I wonder if your body gets dependant on it?

twinpossible 09-26-2012 09:34 PM

That's what I was wondering and I asked my midwife. She said to go down to half and stay there for a week and then try three days in a row with out. It takes 3 days for your body to adjust to most things. I am going to try going with out this weekend.

Christylkeller 09-27-2012 11:41 AM

Okay, so I am a real wimp! I still take a full tablet and will for the whole pregnancy if needed! I have spent my 1st 3 pregnancies VERY sick ALL 9 months and am very willing to take something until I give birth if it means that I won't be sick! So proud of you ladies that are weaning yourself off the medication! Wish I had the strength!

twinpossible 09-27-2012 01:53 PM

It has nothing to do with strength you NEED it! Being sick that much would be so hard on your body, anything that can help is worth doing. I am just to the point now where I get sick once or twice a week instead of once or twice a DAY so I am thinking I might be able to do without :)

Christylkeller 09-27-2012 04:42 PM

HAHA! Well, that's the thing... I haven't been nearly as sick as I had been with my other pregnancies! Those I puked 10+ times a day ON medication. This time I was extremely nauseous but not puking very often. Part of the difference I think was diet going into the pregnancy and then starting on meds as soon as I started feeling the slightest bit sick. I still wish I could comfortably stop taking them! I really shouldn't be so hard on myself... I am down to taking 4 mg of zofran once a day if that... as long as I take my zantac, I am good until evening when the nausea kicks in high gear and I take the unisom/b6 combo.

Thank you for your encouragement!!