Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Botoms vs Flip system? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447732)

MommaTooters 09-26-2012 05:28 PM

Best Botoms vs Flip system?

I know this sounds like a silly question but what's the difference between the two. Both seem to have have a liner that doesn't cover the cover completely, leaving the PUL exposed to the skin. I'm trying find something easy for the sitter to use without breaking the bank!

MeltheMom 09-27-2012 06:49 AM

Re: Best Botoms vs Flip system?

Best Bottoms have inserts that snap to the cover. It helps prevent the insert from moving too much. And they come sized... so large for bigger babies and small and mediums for smaller babies.

Flips inserts just lay inside the cover and they are one-size. They do have an organic insert which is made from cotton that is pretty great.. bulky on a smaller baby for sure.

From friends who have tried both, Best Bottoms seem to be the favorite.

HTH!

qhorses8 09-27-2012 07:31 AM

Best bottoms for ease of use. They had an extra pouch area between the leg though I didn't like. I think that is for the snap in doubler. Flips are better cost wise. I like that you can use any insert with them easier than BB because of the flaps. My HW (pees all at once) would need a doubler all the time to prevent leaks in BB. In flips we just put a small hemp under a stay dry and are good for a few hours.

Kelbel81906 09-27-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qhorses8 (Post 15737392)
Best bottoms for ease of use. They had an extra pouch area between the leg though I didn't like. I think that is for the snap in doubler. Flips are better cost wise. I like that you can use any insert with them easier than BB because of the flaps. My HW (pees all at once) would need a doubler all the time to prevent leaks in BB. In flips we just put a small hemp under a stay dry and are good for a few hours.

I think you mean the double gusset?

MommaTooters 10-03-2012 02:40 PM

Did you have any sort of diaper sag with either of these diapers? I remember four years ago when I used Thirstiest covers (not new ones but they did have leg gussets) and a trifolded prefold we had major saggage. Could never trifold.

madmollyann 10-03-2012 02:47 PM

I know it's just my baby and her own fit, but we had a lot more luck with the Flips than the BestBottoms. We have had our only 2 poopsplosions in the BestBottom. I love the prints, and like the idea of the snapping inserts, but the Flip was just more versatile for us. I even like the stay dry insert that everyone else seems to hate, as well as a trifolded prefold or a padfolded flat. We had a much better fit with the Flip than the BB.

MommaTooters 10-03-2012 02:54 PM

Trying to decide which to spring for. I know each baby is different but I don't want a million different diapers! Was going to do mostly prefolds but then I got a full time job working midnights so my hubby and the sitter will be doing the majority of the diaper changes so I need something simple. Thinking if I get enough covers the sitter won't have to worry about separating them every time. Just toss the whole thing in the wetbag. Or if BG Elementals work I may use those for the sitter. So much to choose from!!

klynnw 10-04-2012 02:21 AM

Flips don't work for us, although I know a lot of moms like them. We've have really good luck with Bestbottoms though. I have a skinny, smaller toddler, so I love the trim fit and the leg gussets.

eponine203 10-04-2012 02:27 AM

I may not be a great source of info as I've only used the Best Bottom inserts with Grovia covers as backup for when we ran out of soakers, but we ended up having way more leakage with them than the Grovia cotton soakers. Not sure if it was the fit in the cover or the fact that it was microfiber instead of cotton, but we just use soakers or prefolds now!! Prefolds are really very versatile though, they can easily go in the Flip covers and work really well and no PUL touching baby. Flip covers have the flaps at either end to tuck the insert so it will stay put and keep the PUL covered. It is part of why I like my Grovia covers though, as they have the mesh between baby and plasticy-ness.

fluffycheeks 10-04-2012 08:56 AM

Flips, hands down. Best borrow don't stretch at all and seem very uncomfortable and are a bit hard to find a good fit IMO. Flips, on the other hand, are super stretchy. The exposed PUL Doesn't seem as hot as the BB either. Plus, until next week, the covers are still on the buy 2, get 1 free sale, so they are way cheaper right now.