Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Just tried the Oil Cleansing Method! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447774)

indigo152 09-26-2012 09:13 PM

Just tried the Oil Cleansing Method!

After reading a post another mama on here used the Oil Cleansing Method, and loved it, I decided to find out what exactly it was! I did a Google search, and found this article:
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
I was intrigued, and decided to buy some castor oil to try it out. I mixed the castor oil with grapeseed oil, and tried the oil cleansing method tonight.
How long before I can see results in my skin? I have always had oily, bumpy skin, and visible pores.
Also, I read that I shouldn't use the oil cleansing method every day, but what should I use to wash off makeup on non-ocm days? I typically wear mineral powder and mascara.

katyldf 09-26-2012 10:14 PM

Re: Just tried the Oil Cleansing Method!

I LOVE OCM!! BUT I have gotten lazy with it, but when I was using it my skin was soft and smooth and looked great. It took a bit to adjust I broke out a bit more, I keep saying that I will get better with it but sadly I haven't :( Its wonderful to remove make up too :) I use castor oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil and tea tree oil in my mix because I am prone to breakouts!

traderbren 09-27-2012 07:14 AM

I do it every day. Oops. ;) I have been for 7 years or so. It takes a little while to notice results- give it at least a week. I personally love it for removing makeup and having just a few moments of 'me' time.

indigo152 09-27-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyldf
I LOVE OCM!! BUT I have gotten lazy with it, but when I was using it my skin was soft and smooth and looked great. It took a bit to adjust I broke out a bit more, I keep saying that I will get better with it but sadly I haven't :( Its wonderful to remove make up too :) I use castor oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil and tea tree oil in my mix because I am prone to breakouts!

Uhoh, I don't need extra breakouts!! Did you find that blend of oils reduced breakouts?
I was just reading that castor oil can also help hairgrowth for eyebrows. I am definitely going to try that! My eyebrows have some thin patches due to over plucking I did in my younger years.

Does anyone use castor oil on their hair? Was wondering if it has any benefits? Or would it just make my hair oily??

CMamma 09-27-2012 09:36 AM

I've read that you shouldn't use Coconut oil for this, but I do & my skin is clearer, smoother & better than ever. Never tried the castor oil though.

Sarawithouth 09-27-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMamma
I've read that you shouldn't use Coconut oil for this, but I do & my skin is clearer, smoother & better than ever. Never tried the castor oil though.

Coconut oil can be drying and greasy. Castor is very cleansing and recommended for all skin types in small amounts. I use a bit of castor, jojoba, coconut and olive, but I don't do it much now that my skin has regulated.

indigo152 09-27-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarawithouth

Coconut oil can be drying and greasy. Castor is very cleansing and recommended for all skin types in small amounts. I use a bit of castor, jojoba, coconut and olive, but I don't do it much now that my skin has regulated.

So, what do you use now for cleansing?

Sarawithouth 09-27-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo152

So, what do you use now for cleansing?

Nothing! Or I was my face with my soap about once a week - I know it's safe for my skin because it's made by me and superfatted with lots of oil. I occasionally OCM.

junebug2311 09-27-2012 10:15 PM

I tried to moisturize with coconut oil and it made me break out over night. I wear a lot of makeup (unfortunately) and I need something that won't overdry my skin, but also removes ever single but of makeup before bed (because that makes me break out, too)... What do you recommend?

Funky Birdie Boutique 09-27-2012 10:57 PM

:popcorn: I need to natural'ify my facial products!