Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Another ebay ? - sold item being returned via USPS, seller wants refund (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447872)

CMamma 09-27-2012 09:31 AM

Another ebay ? - sold item being returned via USPS, seller wants refund

I sold something on Ebay... I have had nothing but a circle of issues with this sale. Let me start by saying I've never had anything less than + FB on Ebay in over 9 years of sales.

So, this was for a VS item that sold for 99 cents & FRE shipping, all clearly listed. Also listed is to remember to double check your shipping address when making payment. Well, just after I sent it I got a message saying the lady forgot to pay her PO fees, so it was going to be returned, but she still wanted the item. She offered to pay shipping back to her once it got here. No problem. Stuff happens, right? Well, I have tried to fwd it to her, reprint another label & even went to the PO in person when I was in town & the envie just keeps getting returned to me with a note or personal explanation saying, "no known recipient/occupent left no forwarding address."

This has been going on for a couple weeks now. Today I decided I can't keep losing out on time, postage & ink so I let the lady know that. She wrote me a rude letter about how she offered to pay for it to be shipped again (but actually, she has never re-paid for shipping costs) & that I "decided to keep the item without letting her know." She asked for a refund through Paypal & said she would accept a partial refund of $5. I responded & explained to her, politely, explaining that I could not continue to be out on expenses such as shipping, printer ink, etc & was not willing to refund her the cost of shipping.

My long awaited question is this - can she file a report with Ebay or PP & get her payment refunded to her/taken from my account? All of the tracking info for the DC lists the item being mailed, in transit to her, & being returned to my address. I know it's only a few $ (99 cents + $5.15 shipping). I already LOST money selling this item to her when you subtract fees & the few cents for ink, paper, etc. I really hope I won't end up paying for this (literally) as it wasn't my mistake.

TIA :)

betty_joanne 09-27-2012 10:35 AM

Re: Another ebay ? - sold item being returned via USPS, seller wants refund

I am confused. She paid .99 cents. So refund .99 cents. Done. How does she get a partial refund of $5 if she paid .99 cents?
I would refund her .99 cents, send all documents to ebay(or paypal) showing you shipped (and that it was undeliverable) and move on with life.

earthflower 09-27-2012 10:56 AM

You should not be out the shipping ($5.15) I would refund her the .99 and be done. I don't think pp will side with her, because you shipped more than once and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

CMamma 09-27-2012 11:07 AM

The $5 was what she said she would settle for. Her message actually read, "I will settle for a partial refund of $5 to cover shipping."

Lanae 09-27-2012 11:44 AM

Voice of dissent, as a buyer... Yea I'd be pretty bummed if I had been trying to get the item. It would make the item be more like $6 item instead of just a $1 item... In my opinion, as long as she is paying the shipping, I would give her one last shot before telling her she is sol. I would tell her that due to the number of times you have tried to get her the item, you are beginning to lose money on the transaction due to gas to the po, ink, paper, etc. I would tell her to please put an address into pp that she knows will work (perhaps a family member who can keep trying to ship to her or meet her to give it to her) OR you will refund her original purchase price and leave it up to her but let her know that should it happen again, you will have no choice but to return her original cost of the item.

But, as a buyer, yea I'd be pretty miffed if you had made that decision without even letting me
Know it was coming since by that point, I'd put a pretty penny into the item.

Eta: I meant to say that buyer paid shipping again or x2 would mean that the buyer has an additional $10 invested in the item for shipping. So, instead of the buyer beig out $5-6, they are out $15-16

kimb96 09-27-2012 01:07 PM

You cannot keep her shipping fees if you are refusing to send her item. I understand the frustration of trying more times to ship to her but you cannot keep her shipping fees and not mail the item. Paypal and eBay will find in her favor. I would refund. Not worth a negative feedback.

betty_joanne 09-27-2012 03:00 PM

Oh, i get it. I read that as free shipping this morning. Refund the .99 cents. Tell her your done. You shipped twice to her undeliverable address (given by her paypal account?). You did your part. Let her file with paypal and do what paypal asks of you. At this point she will most likely leave neutral or negative unless you give her the item for free. Even if you refund everything she may not give you a positive.

Fishie Kisses 09-27-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanae (Post 15738259)
Voice of dissent, as a buyer... Yea I'd be pretty bummed if I had been trying to get the item. It would make the item be more like $6 item instead of just a $1 item... In my opinion, as long as she is paying the shipping, I would give her one last shot before telling her she is sol. I would tell her that due to the number of times you have tried to get her the item, you are beginning to lose money on the transaction due to gas to the po, ink, paper, etc. I would tell her to please put an address into pp that she knows will work (perhaps a family member who can keep trying to ship to her or meet her to give it to her) OR you will refund her original purchase price and leave it up to her but let her know that should it happen again, you will have no choice but to return her original cost of the item.

But, as a buyer, yea I'd be pretty miffed if you had made that decision without even letting me
Know it was coming since by that point, I'd put a pretty penny into the item.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimb96 (Post 15738658)
You cannot keep her shipping fees if you are refusing to send her item. I understand the frustration of trying more times to ship to her but you cannot keep her shipping fees and not mail the item. Paypal and eBay will find in her favor. I would refund. Not worth a negative feedback.

So the OP should be out shipping costs MULTIPLE times?? The buyer has not paid for the additional shipping, even though she said she would. And her "corrected" address is still obviously not correct.

Lanae 09-27-2012 03:09 PM

To the above post^

I thought she had said that she had paid for the multiple shipping? I don't see why op would pay shipping multiple times and be losing out... A fre is $5 and the item was 99c, that means that she would send the fre as instructed, $5 gone, but why mail it again at her own expense if it's going to be another $5? So, I assumed, the buyer repaid shipping

If she had actually been paying out of pocket all these times and is not going to be reimbursed for the shipping then I wouldn't even refund the original 99c since there is a balance owed that will more than likely never be paid if she's not going to get her item...

If in fact, buyer has paid for the multiple shipping attempts as I assumed then I stand behind what I said previously.

earthflower 09-27-2012 03:14 PM

Person is asking for a partial refund of item including the original shipping cost, OP has paid shipping costs twice over and is also spending her dime on costs of ink and shipping supplies just to keep having the item returned to her as undeliverable.