Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Opinions on Kawaii? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447882)

MaterofJacob 09-27-2012 09:06 AM

Opinions on Kawaii?

Now that we have 2 munchkins and the brand of diapers that fit ds1 don't fit ds2, I've been thinking of getting a OS that both boys can wear. The kawaii diapers look like they would work and they're inexpensive, but I don't want to buy a stash of something that is poor quality. Anyone have an opinion on these? Particularly those that have used them before?

Kabuki24 09-27-2012 09:13 AM

Re: Opinions on Kawaii?

I have a few in my stash and also sell them. They seem like really good quality for the price. They run big.

BummisMom 09-27-2012 09:23 AM

I would say like most made in China diapers, they are hit or miss. I've got a few that are awesome and have lasted a long time a few that the snaps stopped working on after a few uses. Also, if you order from them , be aware that you may not get what exactly what you ordered. I've got a good friend who jsut bought a stash of them and had a ton of pink diapers sent for her boy. Luckily, she didn't mind. Just a warning. The diapers I've got that work though, are great.

madmollyann 09-27-2012 09:26 AM

Of the cheap pockets we have in our stash, I like them 2nd best, after the Alva. They definitely do the job, and even though they are big, I could get a decent fit on my daughter at 6 weeks/10 lbs.

MaterofJacob 09-27-2012 12:18 PM

Hearing that they run big is actually a comfort. The reason the other diapers don't fit ds2 is because he has such chunky thighs, lol :) And thanks for the tip on them being hit or miss, I'll watch out for that :)

Arizonah13 09-27-2012 12:22 PM

I only have one that I got as a freebie, but so far, so good! I haven't had any trouble with leaking - they definitely do run large (which I like too since my DD is a big girl anyway). For $9-12 each, I think they're great.

I also have 2 Alvas that I really like. (I also have a bunch of Sunbaby diapers {since I'm comparing the "cheapies" of the diaper world} and they are my least favorite by a significant amount - snaps are cheap, 3-4 out of my dozen wick, etc)

lynn97 09-27-2012 12:37 PM

They are what they are. For the price, I would say that they are good. I don't like them for regular use as they just feel cheap to me (maybe it's just in my head?) I felt the same way about FB though and they aren't cheap. I am currently loving the Kawaii Goodnight HWs for overnight. We stuff ours w/a Flip organic insert and a hemp doubler and they still fit great (none of our other pockets still fit at all w/this much crammed in them). And I don't think the GNHWs feel as cheap as the regular Kawaiis. We have run the gambit on overnight diapers so who knows how long these will work but I'm happy for now.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Katiebug_1976 09-27-2012 01:35 PM

I have been using Kawaii's exclusively on ds for almost 2 years and love them! They are the only diaper I have in his stash. He was about a year old when we got them. However, I am putting together a newborn stash for lil boy (arriving soon) since he won't fit into the Kawaii's until about 10-12lbs. They are definately not a newborn diaper, but once your lil one reaches 10-12lbs, they are great! I've never had any leaks or blowouts! As for the quality, they have held up really well (I have some w/ snaps, and some w/ aplix). The inner liner has gotten a little thinner, but they have been used for 2 years in a rotation of about 26 diapers (so I wash every 2-3 days). They will definately last through my next lil guy, too. I think they are definately worth the $$!

chickapin 09-28-2012 12:00 PM

I like them much better than my Alvas. I never had any big issues with them until a brand new dipe (square tab aplix) I got a few weeks ago delaminated after it's second use. It is being replaced under warranty though, so that's good! They do run big which is great for us, and they're great for night time.

TalknBoutMyGirl 09-28-2012 12:01 PM

We like them. We have one GroVia AIO and the rest of our stash consists of Alva and Kawaii. We like them both equally. I had leaking issues, but that wasn't a problem with the diaper itself, but my washing routine. Now that I've fixed that, we're good to go.
FYI: In case it helps at all, my daughter is a tank (95th percentile for weight, 98th for height) and they fit her quite nicely. :)