Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone ever done the necklace test?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447919)

Fishie Kisses 09-27-2012 10:37 AM

Anyone ever done the necklace test??

You hold your hand palm up. Hold a necklace over your palm and dip it 3 times between your thumb and index finger. The hold it steady over your palm. It will swing on its own. Circles means boy, back and forth means girl. It will slow between and start again. When it's done it will come to a nearly complete stop and not start again.

Mine has said boy, boy, boy, girl, boy, stop every time. We have 3 boys and are TTC our 4th (and supposed to be our last). We'll have to see if it's g/b twins! lol Or maybe a girl and an oops before DH can get a V lol

My bff has had hers accurate for as long as she can remember too.

It's weird because the way the necklace moves is almost a magnetic pull. It gets kinda jerky like it's being pulled from the bottom

How bout you??

Tina5834 09-27-2012 11:38 AM

Mine did

Boy
Boy
Boy
Girl
Boy
Girl

ETA: I have 5 kids (1 in heaven). They are BBBGB! Girls next! :)

Fishie Kisses 09-27-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette
Mine did

Boy
Boy
Boy
Girl
Boy
Girl

ETA: I have 5 kids (1 in heaven). They are BBBGB! Girls next! :)

Wow...that's pretty incredible!!

Tina5834 09-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses

Wow...that's pretty incredible!!

Ya! And it stopped when it was finished. That is insanely weird! And like you said, i felt it pulling! Like it was moving with a purpose!

Fishie Kisses 09-27-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

Ya! And it stopped when it was finished. That is insanely weird! And like you said, i felt it pulling! Like it was moving with a purpose!

I hope so very much it's right. I just want ONE girl lol

Tina5834 09-27-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

I hope so very much it's right. I just want ONE girl lol

Ya! When I was pregnant with DD I didn't even believe she was a girl until she was born! I just couldn't believe that I could have a daughter! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

EskimoStitches 09-27-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

You hold your hand palm up. Hold a necklace over your palm and dip it 3 times between your thumb and index finger. The hold it steady over your palm. It will swing on its own. Circles means boy, back and forth means girl. It will slow between and start again. When it's done it will come to a nearly complete stop and not start again.

Mine has said boy, boy, boy, girl, boy, stop every time. We have 3 boys and are TTC our 4th (and supposed to be our last). We'll have to see if it's g/b twins! lol Or maybe a girl and an oops before DH can get a V lol

My bff has had hers accurate for as long as she can remember too.

It's weird because the way the necklace moves is almost a magnetic pull. It gets kinda jerky like it's being pulled from the bottom

How bout you??

Mine always did boy, girl, boy, girl. I have girl, boy, boy, boy, boy and unknown.

babyrosie 09-27-2012 03:32 PM

Re: Anyone ever done the necklace test??

Just tried it (never heard of it before now) and it said girl, boy. I have a daughter and am 11 weeks pregnant with my second. We will see in 7 months if it is right!

Mummandherboys 09-28-2012 04:19 PM

I have never heard of this... I'd like to try it :) Can someone explain the directions a bit more?...I am re-reading it and not understanding how to hold the necklace...and what kind of necklace should be used? Thanks! :)

jackobeano 09-28-2012 05:09 PM

Mine said:

Girl
Boy
Girl

Which is right according to our sono Tuesday.

ETA: I did it twice and got the same and now I just did it again and in was different :headscratch: