Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   What is your biggest to do before your lo arrives? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448014)

NappyChappy 09-27-2012 02:36 PM

What is your biggest to do before your lo arrives?

I have seen people talk about potty training/learning, co-sleeping, weaning ect...

What do you want to have done with your other baby before this one gets here?

*I would like to do have DS in his own bed not necessarily own room but out of our bed.
*Weaned from the paci :hide:
*Completely potty learned- almost there

joeslittlewoman 09-27-2012 03:15 PM

Want to pt DS2. Would love to get them both sleeping better. Even just 1 night waking per child would be HEAVEN!

Christylkeller 09-27-2012 04:50 PM

Re: What is your biggest to do before your lo arrives?

Clean my bedroom!! It is the catch all place as well as my craft room and my craft stuff has gotten completely out of control. The baby will stay in our room, and I have NO available space right now (nor safe!). I have a GIGANTIC bedroom too. When DD was born, I was able to comfortably divide the room in half... a crib, rocker and dresser/changing table on one side and all of our bedroom stuff on our side. I need to recapture that space!

sterlids 09-27-2012 05:04 PM

my son is 5 so he is good to go! we need to clean out the room that will be the baby's room though. gotta figure out where the dogs are gonna go and get the elliptical sold and just get that room deep cleaned and ready.

Sunshine915 09-27-2012 05:21 PM

I have to quit using the top bunk in the kids' room as a storage facility. There are a bunch of totes up there filled with clothes and cloth diapers. The bed really needs to be brought down so that DD2 can use it, and then I need to switch the daybed back to crib status.

And yeah, clean my room. :blush: DH and I aren't super organized by nature (yet, I MUCH PREFER a clean house), so we use all our energy to keep the kitchen/living room/bathrooms clean. As a result, the bedroom is usually a catch-all. I regularly dust and vacuum, but the piles of clothes and odds and ends materialize quickly. I try to keep the house in a state where I'm comfortable if someone drops by unexpectedly, so the bedroom is kind of our "dirty little secret." :lostit: However, the baby will be in our room for the first 6 months or so, so I have to get that room ready!

hcokasil 09-27-2012 05:28 PM

finish building our house! The electrical and plumbing are almost finished, then it needs walls, flooring, and the kitchen and bathrooms put in. After that, i guess we obviously need to move into that house (we were supposed to be in before school started THIS year). i keep telling myself that i will just slowly start packing up our current house so we'll have less to do when we're actually at the move-in date, but i'm soooooo tired!

lilbitcrunchy 09-27-2012 06:06 PM

Get dd2 in her own bed. She's sleeping great now, even napping again fairly regularly so it's a must. I think we'll really attack it after the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Mama_K 09-27-2012 06:28 PM

Clean really, really well ;)
We're thinking about switching the room DS is is right now so I would need to paint a new bedroom for him and then reprint the new baby's room. Also need to organize our home office/ craft room. My family and I are taking a trip to China next month so when we get back in November I think I'll be in full nesting mode and ready to get lots done. Hopefully my energy level will match my wish list lol

mommajewels 09-27-2012 07:18 PM

Already transitioned our 2 y/o DD into her big girl bed, surprisingly! She did SO well, which amazed me because she has slept in our bed every night since she was born.

She is also totally potty trained, so that isn't an issue for us.

Our biggest "to do" is to buy a bigger vehicle. We're maxed out with our 7 passenger Chrysler T&C, so we're upgrading to an 8 passenger GMC Acadia after the 1st of the year.

amcess721 09-27-2012 07:18 PM

This is all chain reaction stuff...
Finish spackling the walls in master bedroom.
Paint DD's bedroom (from pink to green).
Paint master bedroom (from funk blue/spackle to white/yellow).
New flooring/molding for master bedroom.
Move us into DD's room.
Move both kids (now in their own rooms) into the master room.
This move will include moving DS out of toddler bed (crib) into a twin bed.

Oh, and PT DS!