Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   This is not a political debate thread, but I see political ad on diaperswapper (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448301)

angel nee nee 09-28-2012 11:19 AM

This is not a political debate thread, but I see political ad on diaperswapper

And wanted to ask.... They are always ads supporting president Obama (or ads to attack gov. Romney), so I was wondering, is this becuase diaperswappers founders support president Obama, or do these things just show up randomly?

We don't really have to start talking about which candidate we are supporting or anything. I don't know if that's allowed here. I was just curious.

angel nee nee 09-28-2012 11:20 AM

Re: This is not a political debate thread, but I see political ad on diaperswapper

oops, sorry, looks like i posted this under craft place by accident. :p

Jen's_4 09-28-2012 11:25 AM

Re: This is not a political debate thread, but I see political ad on diaperswapper

I wondered why this question was in craft chat! I don't know about the support issue, but lately almost ALL of the ads on here that I see are anti-Akin ads. It's getting old.

happysmileylady 09-28-2012 11:29 AM

I think it's just the ad company reading cookies on your computer and tying the ads to things you have recently searched for or discussed or otherwise viewed. The other day I spent a couple hours searching for a couple car parts for Dh and for DAYS afterwards all the ads DS showed me were for Autozone.

scwendy 09-28-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happysmileylady (Post 15743193)
I think it's just the ad company reading cookies on your computer and tying the ads to things you have recently searched for or discussed or otherwise viewed. The other day I spent a couple hours searching for a couple car parts for Dh and for DAYS afterwards all the ads DS showed me were for Autozone.

^This.^

The age of the customized online ad.

angel nee nee 09-28-2012 11:46 AM

I thought "craft chat" was "Chit chat. lol :D I misread it.

I was also wondering if it is because I have been reading about both pres. Obama and gov. Romney online too.
My husband and I get different ads on our computers too.

I get tons of ads related to items for mommies/babies..... homeschooling... etc etc.
Often times, things i have no interest in. lol

almostcrunchy 09-29-2012 12:34 AM

I have always assumed that when ads are using my browsing history, that it means I have malware on my computer.....:giggle: But the customized ads thing makes sense!

On a side note, if you become a site supporter, the ads go away (totally worth it, IMO) :goodvibes:

JeDeeLenae 09-29-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happysmileylady

Completely agree. I am still getting ads for beds even though I bought a bed months ago!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

BeccaSueCongdon 09-29-2012 01:55 AM

And there are no ads on the iPhone app.

BabyH1 10-05-2012 07:17 AM

Yup! They're specially customized...just for you! ;)