Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Any idea what this rash is? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448420)

alaskamum 09-28-2012 04:46 PM

Any idea what this rash is?

DD is 11 days old. I'm using prefolds and covers on her. She is breast-fed.

(ETA): She is also a little jaundiced--but not bad; bili level was 13 today and ped said we could stop checking.

When I changed her this afternoon, I noticed her butt crack looked kind of yellow--as if maybe I hadn't cleaned her well enough after her last poop???

But, as I gently tried to wipe it off, I realized that it wasn't dirty...it's some kind of rash. :(

It's
yellowish
raised
by her anus
it doesn;t seem painful; she fusses a little when wet or poopy but not like she's in pain

Any idea what it is? The only thing I could find was that maybe it was a form of cradle cap in the diaper area, (and my other two kids had BAD cradle cap) but I'm not sure what I would even put on it.

Any ideas?

alaskamum 09-28-2012 09:41 PM

Re: Any idea what this rash is?

bumping...anyone???

Saharan 09-28-2012 09:51 PM

Not sure what it is but maybe try coconut oil

alaskamum 09-29-2012 10:55 AM

The rash blistered overnight and some skin is raw...I'm taking her to the ped this afternoon.

:(

Strange...neither of my other kids ever had a rash look like this. Just wish I knew what it was.

clothdiapercrunchy 09-29-2012 11:21 AM

sounds like yeast but without a pic I have no idea (not that im asking you to post a pic of your babies bum). I hope the Dr can help. poor babe :(

clothdiapercrunchy 09-29-2012 11:21 AM

could be a type of excema too....

missmagoo 09-29-2012 12:15 PM

I was going to say yeast as well. If it is yeast, make sure you bleach or otherwise sanitize your dipes! I did not think to do this with DD, and we battled yeast for a few weeks before I was able to sanitize everything and get it cleared.

alaskamum 09-29-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy (Post 15747303)
sounds like yeast but without a pic I have no idea (not that im asking you to post a pic of your babies bum). I hope the Dr can help. poor babe :(

Yeast is always possible; I had a c-section and a ton of antibiotics (like twice the normal amount). Not sure if it would take this long to manifest though??? She is 12 days old today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy (Post 15747305)
could be a type of excema too....

My other two kids have eczema, it doesn't look like anything they have had. Too blistery. :(