Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Daycare advice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448490)

Schneckj34 09-28-2012 08:36 PM

Daycare advice

Okay so this is close to on topic for this board.. Any advice with helping daycare understand my sons loose BM's are not "diarrhea" .. I feel silly posting this but I am a nurse and still can't get through to these people.. For the most part they are pretty good about cloth diapering.. But I get about once a week I get the he had leaky diarrhea report . This week he was sent home cause he had a large somwhat loose BM that leaked onto floor.. but it was not all loose and hes on antibiotics.. poor guy has double ear infection. So of course they send him home.. whats frustrating is that i think they cant see the poop on the new style tots bots either cause they are colored and I have a bunch of darker diapers.. I just feel so frustrated like I should switch to paper sposies cause somehow that seems easier for them to assess the situation! Any advice TIA

mel281 09-28-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckj34
Okay so this is close to on topic for this board.. Any advice with helping daycare understand my sons loose BM's are not "diarrhea" .. I feel silly posting this but I am a nurse and still can't get through to these people.. For the most part they are pretty good about cloth diapering.. But I get about once a week I get the he had leaky diarrhea report . This week he was sent home cause he had a large somwhat loose BM that leaked onto floor.. but it was not all loose and hes on antibiotics.. poor guy has double ear infection. So of course they send him home.. whats frustrating is that i think they cant see the poop on the new style tots bots either cause they are colored and I have a bunch of darker diapers.. I just feel so frustrated like I should switch to paper sposies cause somehow that seems easier for them to assess the situation! Any advice TIA

Not sure if you've tried this, and it doesn't really address your question, but have you given him probiotics to help get his stools normalized?

Schneckj34 09-29-2012 12:57 AM

Yes, I did get some, but not soon enough to help with this antibiotic event.. Most normal days he's more solid. But when you only eat breast milk fruits veggies and grains you're bound to have some loose poop now and again.. Urg!!!

TalknBoutMyGirl 09-29-2012 05:21 AM

Re: Daycare advice

Sounds kind of silly, but could you get a doctors note explaining that in simple words? Thta it isn't an illness but rather with his diet that's completely normal.

bea2269 09-29-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalknBoutMyGirl
Sounds kind of silly, but could you get a doctors note explaining that in simple words? Thta it isn't an illness but rather with his diet that's completely normal.

I would do this. I am fortunate enough to have a daycare that is familiar with beastfed poo. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I would call a doctor and try to get a note for them.

armywife21 09-29-2012 10:14 AM

Re: Daycare advice

I completely agree with the others. I would also talk to whomever at the daycare and have them not send him home unless he has true diarrhea 2-3+ blow out diapers, or fever, crabby in combination. TMI but if I had to miss work every time I had a little bit of loose bms I would have been fired!

FrozenBooty 09-29-2012 11:09 AM

We had to get a note from the doctor that said vomiting without other signs of illness did not constitute a communicable disease that warrants exclusion from childcare or group settings.

My youngest has severe reflux and vomits regularly a couple times a day. That said the daycare is following regulations and without the note they had to exclude.