Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Who else is dealing with lots of contractions tonight (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448500)

happysmileylady 09-28-2012 09:17 PM

Who else is dealing with lots of contractions tonight

I think it's pretty clear at this point that I am dealing with prodromal labor. Lots of contractions, intense, painful, but basically unproductive.

Tonight, it's pretty clear I am going to be up a while because I have been cycling up a bit tonight. I am having 3 to 4 an hour, but not able to string enough together in any regular fashion to warrant doing anything but sitting here drinking water and whining about it.

DH has to work tomorrow and can't really do anything for me anyway so I can't really wake him up. I just wanna sit and cry about it a little bit. It sucks.

J3nn 09-29-2012 06:41 AM

Re: Who else is dealing with lots of contractions tonight

I have been having prodromal labor for 2 weeks now. I have as many as 15 contractions an hour and then they stop. They are not BH contractions as they continue through activity, rest, fluids, etc... I lost my mucous plug early this week and have had a bloody show since Wednesday. And still no baby! I even spent time in L&D yesterday, but got sent home.
Oh well...it will be son I guess.
This is my 3rd baby and my doctor said third babies do not follow any patterns of the first two. My labors were identical with them and never felt a contraction or had any labor signs until I was 6cms. Tthis time I have been dilated to 3cm for almost 3 weeks and no change with the contractions and bloody show.

happysmileylady 09-29-2012 07:28 AM

I haven't gotten so far as to see any bloody show or anything like that. I expect that won't happen for another 2 weeks. It would drive me insane to see that much "progress" and know it's not really progress at all. Here's hoping your little one makes an appearance soon!

photocowgirl 10-01-2012 09:32 AM

I have been having intense enough contractions to wake me up off and on for a couple of weeks... I'm measuring a bit early so hoping that is a sign she will be here soon... I sadly might get more sleep with a newborn...

boekesec 10-01-2012 02:03 PM

Sorry you ladies are suffering :( Prodromal labor sounds like the worst!! Hope things kick into gear for you soon!

palsmama 10-01-2012 03:40 PM

omg!! i have been prodromaling(is that even a word:giggle:) for like a week! thought for sure last tues they would turn into something and never did!! i labored all day and night just to have them stop!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Keme 10-01-2012 03:47 PM

ugh, I feel you mamas!!!! I'm on day 4 of Prodromal labor here (how can it only be day 4?? feels like weeks somehow)...and last night my water started leaking so I really hoped it was only a matter of time. Then the leak stopped, and this morning my midwife said small leaks can repair themselves...so back to afternoons and evenings of painful contractions, nights of insomnia. I had about 11 days with my son, but these contractions are much more painful. It is so discouraging! Hope we all can progress here soon!

palsmama 10-01-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keme (Post 15756020)
ugh, I feel you mamas!!!! I'm on day 4 of Prodromal labor here (how can it only be day 4?? feels like weeks somehow)...and last night my water started leaking so I really hoped it was only a matter of time. Then the leak stopped, and this morning my midwife said small leaks can repair themselves...so back to afternoons and evenings of painful contractions, nights of insomnia. I had about 11 days with my son, but these contractions are much more painful. It is so discouraging! Hope we all can progress here soon!

What is up with us! Lol. I never had this with my first son! This is crazy. It's normal? Right? Lol

happysmileylady 10-01-2012 04:47 PM

I just had an appointment today, was telling my doc about it and she said "you know that with baby looking good, no problems, we can't evict him until AT LEAST 39 weeks and we really prefer to have a real reason even then." I told her I didn't want an induction anyway, I just know that this is going to go on for a while and she agreed. My cervix isn't even hardly in a position to check...for sure no dialation.

Keme 10-02-2012 02:57 PM

Yup totally normal. I feel like people don't often talk about it- when I had it with my son I was sure I was "broken". It had been 11 days, and when my water broke I was only 1cm dilated. SO discouraging! It's almost more emotionally challenging for me than anything else. I literally start to feel like the baby will never be born. I'm trying to stay occupied but the contractions and sleepless nights are DRAINING!