Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Baby throwing up after breastfeeding (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448557)

linaboo 09-29-2012 06:46 AM

Baby throwing up after breastfeeding

My 16 months old has been throwing up since yesterday. She did not eat any solids,only breasfeeds and throws up shrtly after. Has been clinging on to me, level normal, no fever. Can teething cause this, food poisining, any virus going around, or something wrong with my milk? Or should I just go to ER

marliah 09-29-2012 07:14 AM

Re: Baby throwing up after breastfeeding

Could be a stomach virus. did you eat anything you don't normally eat yesterday? My older daughter used to get sick if I ate chocolate, but I would think by 16 mo. you would probably have noticed sensitivities to food by now. Has anyone else in your home or have any of the prope you regularly visit had a stomach bug recently?

linaboo 09-29-2012 07:31 AM

Thank you for your reply, I did not eat anything outside my regular diet. I think the same as you do. Thinking about going to ER. Thank you.

Mom2jandb 09-29-2012 07:38 AM

My guess would be a virus based on the above posts. I hope she gets better soon!

doulamomma 09-29-2012 07:39 AM

Askdrsears.com has god info on when to worry when it comes to different issues. Go to the a-z topics, vomiting

Sent from my droid

mommy24babes 09-29-2012 07:57 AM

Sounds like a stomach bug.
Btdt lots of times in 4 kids.
I just wanted to say nurse as much as your little one wants. Even if it's getting thrown up right away breast milk is do easily and quickly digested that you little one will get something at least as well as any antibodies you might have to fight it.

Don't let anyone tell you that it's like dairy and you should stop giving breastmilk.
Even some doctors and nurses are really ignorant about Breast milk.

Constant nursing was the only thing that kept one of my little ones out of the hospital and off Iv fluids during a flu in our house. Even though he was consistently throwing it back up he got enough to keep from becoming dehydrated.

linaboo 09-29-2012 08:17 AM

Thank you Mamas
Mommy24babes, Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear.

Teexie 09-29-2012 07:14 PM

Just went through a few days of vomiting with my 17 mo. Stomach bug is going around here. Hope shes feeling better, mama, and I hope you stay healthy!

keen1981 09-29-2012 07:18 PM

Just keep
Nursing. That's exactly what the ER will tell you. Been there twice. And my DS#2 was throwing up for 10 days, lost three pounds and we were in the ER twice. It was just a bug. He was not listless or anything. Had he been they would have been admitted. But he gladly ate at the breast and puked most of it up, but clearly kept some to keep him hydrated.

Mom2jandb 10-03-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_ho2
Happy for you!!

I saw this spam and thought OP had updated.... Well, how's LO doing today OP?