Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AIO's and HE Front Loader?? Any thoughts? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448620)

maliroo 09-29-2012 11:24 AM

AIO's and HE Front Loader?? Any thoughts?

I am considering AIO's for my next baby but have a HE front loader. Anyone have any experience with how well the diapers wash? I am looking at Grovia newborn (the older style) :goodvibes:
Thanks in advance for your input...

eileprose 09-29-2012 11:55 AM

Re: AIO's and HE Front Loader?? Any thoughts?

I have a ton of AIOs and a HE front loader, they work out just fine. The AIOs I have used are the lil joeys, the nb bg, bg elementals, bg freetimes, swaddlebees simplex 2.0 and the thirsties duo AIOs.

Every HE washer is different but so far my wash routine is warm delicate wash with no spin and no detergent. The lack of a final spin gets the wash really heavy. Then a warm/warm heavy wash with tide, extra rinses and spins (I do those with my regular wash too) and finally my washer has something called a sports wash that does a wash with a high spin at the end. Its my way of doing a rinse and spin without going downstairs again, the high spin takes a lot of water out so they dry faster.

I haven't had any stink issues or repelling, every once in a while I do an extra rinse if I feel like I added to much soap.

Sorry, I don't know about the Grovia nb aio.

happyhungryhippo 09-29-2012 12:03 PM

The only kind of AIO I have is AMP and my HE Frontloader washes them just fine. I wash them the same as my other diapers: cold rinse with a wet towel tossed in with the load to "trick" the washer into thinking it needs more water, then I wash the diapers on the Heavy Duty setting with hot water and an extra rinse with cold water.

croth7 09-29-2012 12:17 PM

I had to switch my stash from AIOs (swaddlebees, grovia, and BGE) since it took me forever to rinse the diapers. It drove me nuts; however, that doesn't mean you will have the same issues. I have a Bosch front loader and normal water. I was using two tbsp of Tide and 1/4 cup of bleach once and awhile.

Tordreamer 09-29-2012 12:47 PM

I use grovias with an HE washer and f&c tide. I've never had a problem. I rinse with no spin so the diapers are already wet before the wash and the added water weight will ensure that there is enough water. Then I wash on warm (per grovia instructions) and once a week or less on hot (because I think it works better). I had to play around with the amount of detergent when we first started, but I found a great balance. I do use an extra rinse.

stevensmom 09-29-2012 12:49 PM

I use bg AIOS (sized) in my he front loader washer.

Everyones wash is different, depends on your load, washer, water, detergent. You will find your wash routine and you'll be fine :goodvibes:

McDMom 09-29-2012 04:52 PM

I had a problem with AIOs and stink until I went with a mainstream detergent. No problems since. It's totally doable.