Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Would you trust an expired Clear Blue Easy Digital? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448723)

MamaLump 09-29-2012 05:55 PM

Would you trust an expired Clear Blue Easy Digital?

Yeah, so I found a couple Clear Blue Easy Digital pregnancy tests that I had when I was pregnant with my son. I apparently never took them because once I new I was pregnant, the dye tests were so much more fun then a simple Pregnant/Not Pregnant. Anyway, the expiration date on the packaging is April 2012. So, expired by 5 months. When I opened it up, it didn't do anything. I feel like I remember (instructions are long gone) that there was supposed to be something that came on the digital screen. Then, for no apparent reason I peed on it anyway even though I believed the battery was dead. After peeing on it, the timer icon came up. And then...3 minutes later...PREGNANT. :holysheep::jawdrop::thud:

So, would you trust it? (And of course I had 2 beers tonight!) Clearly I'm sending DH out for some more tests tonight after DS goes to bed. But, I'm impatient. What do you ladies think?

pester 09-29-2012 06:06 PM

I would be inclined to. My thoughts would be that with an expired test you would be more likely to get a negative result when you are in fact pregnant. The test losing sensitivity rather than giving a false positive. Of course I could be wrong and the opposite is true. :-)

On the other hand just having had used and read the instructions for it sounds like test worked perfectly. Nothing shows up on the screen until you pee on it then you get the hour glass till it comes up pregnant / not pregnant.

You better update :-) and congrats most likely.

Fishie Kisses 09-29-2012 06:13 PM

Re: Would you trust an expired Clear Blue Easy Digital?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pester (Post 15748546)
I would be inclined to. My thoughts would be that with an expired test you would be more likely to get a negative result when you are in fact pregnant. The test losing sensitivity rather than giving a false positive. Of course I could be wrong and the opposite is true. :-)

On the other hand just having had used and read the instructions for it sounds like test worked perfectly. Nothing shows up on the screen until you pee on it then you get the hour glass till it comes up pregnant / not pregnant.

You better update :-) and congrats most likely.

I completely agree. I would expect an invalid result or a false negative :)

laila 09-29-2012 06:13 PM

Yep. Sounds like your pregnant. Congrats mama!

Fishie Kisses 09-29-2012 06:14 PM

Oh, and the screen is always blank until it gets peed on :)

MamaLump 09-29-2012 06:20 PM

Oh my goodness! Thanks ladies! I'm currently nursing DS down, but just heard DH get back from the store. We were trying, but for some reason I wasn't expecting it to work!!! :-)

MamaLump 09-29-2012 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I guess I have my answer! (Test purchased within the hour)

Attachment 121101

canadianbakers 09-29-2012 06:37 PM

Congrats mama!

Squig'sMumMum 09-29-2012 06:53 PM

:woohoo2:

moobiegirl 09-29-2012 06:57 PM

congrats!