Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448827)

canadianbakers 09-30-2012 06:54 AM

Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th

:wave: Another week!
And October starts tomorrow - we'll all hit our 2nd trimester this month! :yay:

canadianbakers 09-30-2012 07:14 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th

(from last week's thread)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 15748774)
When I use a straightner my hair looks flat and blah. But I will try it again I think I have a straightner somewhere.

When I use the magical round hairbrush I feel like a shampoo commercial.:giggle:

I also have to get my hair colored but I am trying to get out of the 1st trimester. Ever since having ds1 my hair likes to show a little grey and I am not a fan:giggle:

You can get volume even with straightening - I used to flip my hair forward and straighten it forward, if that makes sense, then when I flipped my hair back, it's volume-y :)

Oy, kwym about the gray hairs - I've got... more than one or 2 ;) but I'm too scared to get my hair colored. Had a bad experience when pregnant with DD :hide:

jenbengtson 09-30-2012 09:12 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th

you can also tease the top of your hair a little that will give it volume

mapleleaf88 09-30-2012 10:05 AM

I finally went and got a hair cut for the first time since getting pregnant... And my cousin/hairdresser found a BUNCH of greys in the back, hiding on me! Eep! I'm too young for that, I swear!

mapleleaf88 09-30-2012 10:45 AM

Oh! And I no-poo! I did the transition while on mat leave last year and just kept it in a pony tail.. It wasn't THAT bad.. Now I do a baking soda/vinegar rinse twice a week. My hair is so much better! Only, I find that while pregnant my body thinks I'm 14 again... Super greasy hair, face full of zits, and awful BO!

andrea020611 09-30-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
:wave: Another week!
And October starts tomorrow - we'll all hit our 2nd trimester this month! :yay:

Yay for the second trimester. I'm 10.5 weeks and I feel like I've been sick and tired for... Oh, at least a year lol. I hope we all get that awesome energy boost in the next couple of weeks.

I have great skin and hair while I'm pregnant and my nails get really strong. But I also get bad BO, so I might look good, but don't get too close :)

RunawayBunny 09-30-2012 12:15 PM

I did no-pooing for about two months. I am really sensitive to most sulfate and paraben free shampoos so I gave it a good try. Unfortunately it gave me super bad dandriff or something. No matter how much I scrubbed I would get flakey, greasy, itchy scalp. The last straw was when I was showering with DS and he got some vinegar in his eyes. I felt like the worst parent ever that day.

Right now I use some random shampoo bar from my health food store. It takes me for ever to wash my hair now, but I only wash it about 2-3 times a week. My hair stays nice and curly with much less frizz! And I have gotten it in _my_ eyes and it didnt send me into a painful rage. ;)

Honestly though, I havent been anywhere where I really cared how my hair looked since I got pregnant. If its that bad I throw on a headband and braid the rest... So needing some energy!

mibarra 09-30-2012 06:02 PM

Every time I hear "no-poo" my knee jerk first thought is "constipation". ;P

2nd trimester finally!!! MS is backing off...but I've started getting heartburn. Boo. At least I don't feel both sick AND ravenous all the time now :)

EmilytheStrange 09-30-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra
Every time I hear "no-poo" my knee jerk first thought is "constipation". ;P

2nd trimester finally!!! MS is backing off...but I've started getting heartburn. Boo. At least I don't feel both sick AND ravenous all the time now :)

Hehe, me too. Always takes a second to realize it's about hair.

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. Hard to say if I am feeling better. I know I managed about 12 hours of cleaning the old house over the past 2 days and managing that seems amazing. I sure hope it passes inspection. Took 3 hrs to do the kitchen. Ugh

So tired. Ready to relax.

UmmKira 09-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrea020611
I have great skin and hair while I'm pregnant and my nails get really strong. But I also get bad BO, so I might look good, but don't get too close :)

I was like that with my second, but this time the zits aren't going anywhere. I was really looking forward to clear skin!

The fatigue is fading, thank God! I hate being so lazy in pregnancy, but it feels like I'm weighed down with bricks in the beginning. We got a ton cleaned and organized this weekend, so I'm thankful we are moving in the right direction.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype