Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   How and when will you "reveal?" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448877)

Leiiki 09-30-2012 11:09 AM

How and when will you "reveal?"

We were planning the old "big sister" tee reveal at our big family thanksgiving, but I swear I am not going to be able to hide it that long! I already look way more pregnant than I did with DD, and we have family visiting throughout October. What are your plans?

leyash 09-30-2012 11:15 AM

Re: How and when will you "reveal?"

I already told everyone. I told my mom and super close family members right away (when I was about 5 weeks). With the others, we waited until after I got the ultrasound, and then we called them. Everyone else (all of the non-close/super important friends/family) got told via Facebook. :)

Mommyto2B2G 09-30-2012 11:30 AM

I am wearing a skeleton shirt with a baby skeleton over the tummy area for Halloween and we will see how many people notice. Maybe I will take pics of me specifically and asking if anyone notices anything new that but I haven't decided yet. All of our family lives very far away from us so unfortunately I will go the facebook route after announcing to everyone close to us via phone.

Leiiki 09-30-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun (Post 15750658)
I am wearing a skeleton shirt with a baby skeleton over the tummy area for Halloween and we will see how many people notice.

Cute! I saw a maternity shirt that said "I'm dressed up as my mom" and thought about getting it, but it might be too obscure ;)

MommaLEB 09-30-2012 06:40 PM

We were going to wait until Thanksgiving, but my family is staying with us next weekend, and unless I claim to have the flu I'll never be able to hide it. If the ultrasound goes well, I'm taking DD up to change into pjs, and she'll come down with her "big sister in training" shirt and ultrasound pictures.

AngelTV83 09-30-2012 07:01 PM

I am going to tell dd next week when we are at Disney or the beach I haven't decided yet then let her tell family or show pic or video of her finding out

MamaNae 09-30-2012 07:02 PM

No clue...

Probably not until after my 1st appt if I hear the heartbeat. I'm planning on keeping it a secret as long as possible. Depending on how much I'm showing I may or may not tell everyone before DD's birthday party on the 28th. I'm REALLY hoping it's cold so I can wear a fleece haha

myblessedbaby 09-30-2012 08:34 PM

When I was pregnant with my son, I was an "oven" for Halloween with a picture of a bun on the oven window (bun in the oven). So I'm thinking I can make a facebook announcement using that pic and say something like 'technically i should be wearing this costume for this Halloween too'. With my parents I'll probably just tell them via phone after my 7 week ultrasound

heavenlyblessedmom 10-01-2012 11:15 AM

We announced to family by putting my youngest son in a homemade "Big Brother" shirt, announced on FB with this picture:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...84174222_n.jpg

jennayoung99 10-02-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leiiki (Post 15750572)
We were planning the old "big sister" tee reveal at our big family thanksgiving, but I swear I am not going to be able to hide it that long! I already look way more pregnant than I did with DD, and we have family visiting throughout October. What are your plans?

we really wanted to do this, but i just couldn't wait and told my mom with in 20 minutes of taking the test. lol