Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mom's of toddlers-I need a nighttime solution. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448917)

*Kai&Mommy* 09-30-2012 02:25 PM

Mom's of toddlers-I need a nighttime solution.

We are using spoosies at night now that my DS is older and I hate it. They don't even work that well at keeping him dry. The last time I tried a CD at night, he woke up screaming..wet and with an ammonia burn. Please help if you CD a toddler at night and have found a good diaper/routine that WORKS!

mel281 09-30-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Mom's of toddlers-I need a nighttime solution.

I have made some fitteds that are pockets/trainers (ie they are pocket trainers that are non-waterproof). I stuff with a prefold and Joey Bunz hemp. This is covered by wool. My two can be pretty heavy wetters, so if my wool isn't really felted, I will do a light soaker (like Kissa's wool lover) under her wool longies. No cotton pants over the wool.

My wash routine involves a little bleach in every load and I use Tide. This has helped my son with his ammonia burns 100%.

4boys1girlforme 09-30-2012 02:41 PM

MEOS with the snap in stay dry liner and I put a flip organic insert under that and cover with a WCW or Sbish interlock wool cover- no leaks ever! All (except Sbish) are easy to score on FSOT for reasonable prices.
I wash on my sanitary cycle with tide HE ultra powder in my FL.

nahrie 09-30-2012 03:01 PM

Softbums Omni stuffed with their bamboo pod and a Joeybunz Premium Hemp Insert. Top it off with a Wooleybottoms hybrid soaker in case the pocket leaks.

*Kai&Mommy* 09-30-2012 03:47 PM

I've been using pul diapers-the wool does make sense. Perhaps more breathable. The time he got burned the worse was when I put a fleece liner down, i'm wondering if he is somehow allergic to the fleece? Also is it okay to bleach hemp?

4boys1girlforme 09-30-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Kai&Mommy* (Post 15751316)
I've been using pul diapers-the wool does make sense. Perhaps more breathable. The time he got burned the worse was when I put a fleece liner down, i'm wondering if he is somehow allergic to the fleece? Also is it okay to bleach hemp?

Yep you can bleach hemp.
Do you use pocket diapers? They are usually microfleece or suedecloth inside. The stay dry material on ME stay dry liners is athletic wicking fabric that is 100% poly.

*Kai&Mommy* 10-10-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme (Post 15751516)
Yep you can bleach hemp.
Do you use pocket diapers? They are usually microfleece or suedecloth inside. The stay dry material on ME stay dry liners is athletic wicking fabric that is 100% poly.

Yeah, we have mostly pockets & Os itti bittis.

minneapolismelissa 10-10-2012 10:58 AM

I use a pocket with 1 Joey Bunz premium hemparoo and 2 regular Joey Bunz hemparoos. Then we put a fleece soaker over that in case he leaks through...we also set a fleece liner in the diaper against his skin, so it wicks away and he doesn't feel soaked...

kbevie 10-10-2012 11:10 AM

L or XL sustainablebabyish bamboo/cotton fitteds with a PUL cover. It works for my heavy wetter.

seacat 10-10-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbevie (Post 15793443)
L or XL sustainablebabyish bamboo/cotton fitteds with a PUL cover. It works for my heavy wetter.

I use this as well, but I pull out their inserts and use a Thirsties hemp prefold. Under PUL and under wool. :( He's a super wetter.