Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448927)

EskimoStitches 09-30-2012 01:43 PM

KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

:wub: :knit:

EskimoStitches 09-30-2012 01:48 PM

Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove (Post 15751084)
Aww shucks I've missed too much :/ any new wips or fo's?

Carolyn is working on Woodland Friends owlie romper, Karen is working on LS longies, Mindy is working on some longies that are not being nice to her, I am almost done with a Scrappy Hudson, Erica has been busting out sewing FO's like she has her mojo back and I think that's all that were shown that you missed. If you were missed, I sorry. :begforgiveness:

Aidensmommalove 09-30-2012 01:55 PM

:wub: ooooo i can't wait to see fo's lol

I'm trying to decide whether to frog of finish this scarf I'm making on mcn. The yarn is just amazing but since i knit the scarf flat with a seed stitch border it keeps rolling in on itself and i just don't think it's doing it justice :(

Will it stop rolling in on itself if i block it?

EskimoStitches 09-30-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove (Post 15751125)
:wub: ooooo i can't wait to see fo's lol

I'm trying to decide whether to frog of finish this scarf I'm making on mcn. The yarn is just amazing but since i knit the scarf flat with a seed stitch border it keeps rolling in on itself and i just don't think it's doing it justice :(

Will it stop rolling in on itself if i block it?

My exp with seed is it will always have a slight roll. Blocking it might help, why don't you try to block a bit of the end before you decide?

thealmightyme 09-30-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

Carolyn is working on Woodland Friends owlie romper, Karen is working on LS longies, Mindy is working on some longies that are not being nice to her, I am almost done with a Scrappy Hudson, Erica has been busting out sewing FO's like she has her mojo back and I think that's all that were shown that you missed. If you were missed, I sorry. :begforgiveness:

I see so only two of us are in CA then. So you are Fiona correct? AK is one of the places DH and I would like to try and live. From what we hear it's a great place to raise a family. There is a hospital in Anchorage that hires a mammo tech yearly, but I have never made it to the second interview unfortunately. How do you like it?

msuk2girl 09-30-2012 02:02 PM

Should finish my shawl this week :)

Aidensmommalove 09-30-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

My exp with seed is it will always have a slight roll. Blocking it might help, why don't you try to block a bit of the end before you decide?

Good idea! Cause if i decide to frog I'm going to have to reskein the yarn and wash it to get the kinks out anyway. Do i need to be extra careful with mcn? It's got a lil fuzz to it and i don't want to felt it by accident :nervous:

thealmightyme 09-30-2012 02:02 PM

After I cut the yarn where I began, can I save it to reuse in that part or do I need to toss it?

808mamaof3 09-30-2012 02:04 PM

Whew! ER doc said E just has a contusion..no need for MRI now. This was the boy's 3rd ER visit this year :thud: I need to go :knit: and sooth my racing heart.

Aidensmommalove 09-30-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuk2girl
Should finish my shawl this week :)

Yay, you go girl! Will you finish it in time to wear to the renaissance fair?