Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Reviews for nighttime superundies? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448947)

bigmamakelsey 09-30-2012 02:39 PM

Reviews for nighttime superundies?

Anyone have reviews on these? I took the plunge and bought 3 of them. DS is mostly potty trained during the day, but wakes up soaked almost every morning. I'm sick of the leaks! Even with a sposie we are changing the sheets every morning. The Superundies weren't cheap, so I'm praying they work! Reviews, pics?

Malka 09-30-2012 03:48 PM

Re: Reviews for nighttime superundies?

I have one for my 10 year old bedwetter. We've never had leaks. He's really skinny and wears a size 6, and the XL is really poofy on him. It doesn't fall off, but I think I should have bought a L. I don't love the microfiber, and various strings from the wash keep getting stuck in it, but I don't really like any microfiber. He hasn't worn it in a bit (gets himself ready for bed and keeps grabbing sposies and if I'm lucky a and remind him he puts on a Snap-EZ trainer), but I think it dries relatively quickly. I had a little trouble with the internal part of the soaker taking longer to dry.

laineypaige 09-30-2012 04:06 PM

I use one for my 3 year old and we haven't had any leaks, but sometimes the fleecy part around the legs and waist is damp. I have a medium and it's snug on him and probably won't fit him for too long so I'm hoping he doesn't need it at night for too long.

It does take a little longer to dry, and like PP said, the internal soaker takes longer that the outside soaker piece.

bigmamakelsey 09-30-2012 08:11 PM

Good to know! I'm honestly not too concerned with drying time, as long as they work!
I got my DS a large. He's almost 3 and nearing 40lbs, so I'm glad it sounds like I made the right choice.

sandhillcranes 09-30-2012 08:15 PM

The fleece area left red marks on my son. We tried a large. He was 34lbs at the time. They were huge so idk why we had that issue. Im going to try the pull on ones. They r well made.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

bigmamakelsey 10-01-2012 11:06 AM

Thanks! I hope we don't get red marks. DS's legs are about 12 1/2 - 13in.

sandhillcranes 10-01-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
Thanks! I hope we don't get red marks. DS's legs are about 12 1/2 - 13in.

My sons thighs measure 12.5in. But they are worth a try. Seriously. We are dealing with a diaper rash now from my sons disposable pull ups. He never had diaper rash in cloth diapers. Hes in undies full time during the day. Its sad. He doesnt want to even try wearing undies to bed bc he hates being wet. I have several traines otw to try out. Two mothergoose designs, two ladderhill, and two of the superundies day pull up trainers. I have the most hope for the mothergoose ones bc the legs are cotton. I will let u know how they all work out as they arrive.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

bigmamakelsey 10-01-2012 11:40 AM

Thanks:) I feel like I've done so much experimenting for trainers and it's getting expensive! At least my experimenting with diapers is kind of worth it because they'll be in diapers longer than trainers..I hope these work for him! Even with limiting liquids near bedtime and using the potty right before, he's a super soaker.

BeccaSueCongdon 10-02-2012 01:19 AM

My 4 yo super soaker uses these. They're the only thing I trust. We use the XL, even though the L would probably fit better. He has a poofy booty like some Shakespearean actor. But it works. :-) I stuff it with two extra BG MF inserts. They STINK in the morning, not sure if it's bc he stinks or just the MF or both. But I toss them in the washer with my DD overnight diaper and set to the lowest eater setting and run a cold rinse to rinse of the pee. Then they go in the we bag.

bigmamakelsey 10-02-2012 10:14 AM

Thanks! Ya, his overnight cloth has stunk something horrible since he was about a year old, so nothing I'm not use to. I do a rinse in the morning and spray with bac out and that seems to do the trick:)