Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Can you ladies give me your opinions please! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448948)

Mummandherboys 09-30-2012 02:41 PM

Can you ladies give me your opinions please!

Hi everyone :)

I am rarely on fb, so haven't check our group on there for so long...but since I do get on here at least once a day...I thought I would ask my question here ;)
So, I have a lady who comes to me for hair services... she has become a great friend...but there is one thing that has always annoyed me about her!...:blush: she prides herself in being able to guess a babies gender based on how the belly/body look!! Now, I will say, she isn't rude about anything at all, she's very kind, and she has said that she has been wrong a couple of times...but it's for sure the exception! :giggle:
So, since she has known me, we have had 3 of our 4 sons and so she has "guessed" my baby's gender each time... oddly enough, she always starts out guessing girl until about the halfway mark and then she changes to boy.
So, I haven't seen her for awhile now, but she's due to come see me next week (21 weeks) and even though I am so much more at peace this time around, and I told her not to tell me her "guess"...since we are waiting to find out gender till baby comes... I am still wondering what your experiences are in this...??
I asked my OB about the way that women carry and which gender/etc... and she said sometimes it's true and sometimes not!...like everything ;) She said she sees more often that a women's second pregnancy is much different in a lot of ways (way she carries/etc...) regardless of gender.
So even though, I know there is no definite truth to how you carry and which gender you have, I still find myself getting all caught-up in "is my belly different this time??" "is it more round, less sticking way out??" LOL ;)
So for conversation sake...please tell me your thoughts and experiences on this whole topic... I would love to hear others' opinions on this! :)

lisha622 09-30-2012 08:36 PM

Re: Can you ladies give me your opinions please!

I have no personal experience, but my mom did say she carried her boy (first child) different than her girls (2nd, 3rd, and 4th children). She thinks you can tell by the way a person carries a baby too and always tries to guess.
I do think I'm carrying this one the same as DD, and this is another girl, but I've never had a boy, so I don't know if a boy would be different.

almostcrunchy 09-30-2012 11:50 PM

I am pregnant with my 4th baby, a girl (I already have 1 dd, and 2 ds's).

None of my pregnancies have been the same, from symptoms to the way I carried.

Mummandherboys 10-01-2012 10:24 AM

How interesting... thanks for your comments Mamas :) Keep 'em coming...

Green Decals 10-01-2012 04:51 PM

I am pg with my 3rd, and carrying the same way I did with my first, showing the same, "fat all over" despite not having gained a single pound, and am almost 23 weeks. I also didn't pop right away this time. My first was a boy. So was my second! I carried them very differently, and honest am thinking this one is a girl, but we aren't finding out. My second I was showing right away and was way out there with the big belly. I think it is different for every baby, though I can honestly only speak for my 2 very different ways that I carried my boys, and let you know in a few months what this baby is.

haddockhouse 10-01-2012 05:46 PM

IDK... I always thought the whole "way mom's carrying" thing was an Old Wive's Tale. I mean, I'm the one carrying my baby & even I can't tell a difference! LOL
Of course, my first three very well could've been the same because we had all 3 girls. But even this one I can't tell that there's much difference.
It IS interesting that she's been right with your others though!

The Fancy Pansy 10-01-2012 05:57 PM

All mine have been girls and all carried about the same. But really, how you carry has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with your own physiology and how your muscles recuperated from previous pregnancies. I have a short torso, so baby has nowhere to go but out, and my muscles get torn up, so I get bigger sooner each time.

My_Tree_Grows 10-01-2012 08:59 PM

Well, I'm having exactly the same pregnancy (except taking proactive care of myself earlier), and carrying exactly the same way, all out front in the belly. I had a boy last time, consistent with the tales, and I can let you know if there's another boy in there or not in February. ;) But really, I've seen both, it seems my friends and relatives who are petite and shorter torsoed seem to carry all out front and those who are taller and bigger have carried all around, regardless of baby's gender.

buko 10-15-2012 06:57 AM

I reeeeeally think it can't possibly be true. I just don't see even the possible, theoretical biological basis. JMO, though!

peaches330 10-15-2012 11:07 AM

I seem to carry my girls pretty high and my boys lower, but my first boy was REALLY low and my second was just a little lower than I am now (and I'm having a girl this time) so I think it can really be all over the place. My BIL's GF has 2 boys and she carried them completely different.